Thread: "They're going to steal the election!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mason Dixon must be a mole.
    Atman
    18. Excellent point.

I have an actual passport, and one of those credit card passports I can carry in my wallet. Cost me $140. Who the hell is going to spend that kind of dough and wait eight weeks to vote for ANYONE? Especially when you can't even afford a drivers license? WTF? How is this shit not obvious to people?

This is not a pass into a bank vault...it's a vote. People might risk years in jail for a shot at the bank vault. Can you really imagine anyone risking imprisonment over ONE VOTE for Barrack Obama? Seriously? Really?
    Oh but it is a pass into a bank vault. ITS A VOTE FOR THE PRES OF THE USA. Are you thick? That's more valuable than anything that's in a bank vault.

blaze
    13. The problem with this argument is that we don't have a problem with "Voter" fraud.

What we have is a problem with ELECTION fraud.

Do some research. Actual voter fraud is very rare.

Election fraud has become all to common.
    Prove it. Oh call some guy who died in 1978, he'll tell you.

stevenleser
    15. George W. Bush's administration did a lengthy investigation into voter fraud. It's a non issue

Last edited Mon May 7, 2012, 06:33 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

They discovered less than 100 instances nationwide of it happening after a 5 year investigation. See http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/wa...raud.html?_r=1

The issue is election fraud. Like when Katherine Harris purged thousands of what should have been eligible African Americans off the roles in Florida in advance of election 2000. Like when Kenneth Blackwell created restrictive laws regarding the voting in Ohio in 2004 that disproportionally affected urban voters where Democrats have our strongholds. THAT has changed elections.
    Suddenly something dubya did is enough for you? Wow.

Atman
    17. Because you obviously don't really know how the system works...
    Yeah hush up and listen cuz Atman knows!
    Last edited Mon May 7, 2012, 06:53 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

You have a name on the list...you walk up to a table and say "I'm Joe Blow, my address is 123 Main Street." A 100 year old lady crosses your that name off the list. This is in your neighborhood. The checkers actually know you, or recognize you, and most of the people coming through the lines. Either way, though, that vote is off this list. No one can vote that vote again. So if you're really Bill Blow, at 789 Other Street, and try to vote again, that lady will look at you funny and say huh?

This crap about Mickey Mouse voting is just that...crap. If someone named Mickey Mouse, Orlando came up to my table when I was a checker, I'd probably notice that a) he didn't have huge black ears and red shorts with big white buttons on them, or b) he had a very unusual name and we weren't in Orlando.

So what is wrong with a utility bill just to match up with your name on a paper list? Do you REALLY think someone will dig through trash or break into a house to get an old utility bill of yours just so that they can go commit a major crime by voting for some douchebag? REALLY?
    You're calling Oblama that? But the answer is YES.
    I could go on and on...the arguments are ridiculous. The percentage of actual voter fraud nationwide look like pi...as long as you replace the beginning 3.14 with ZEROS.
    bluestate10
    9. If democrats sit around crying about voter ID laws, our side will lose.

Activists need to be out explaining how people can get ID and beat laws that are designed to prevent voting by some groups. Now is the time to defeat voter ID laws helping people get IDs.
    Finally!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

The nutty thing of the whole thing is that the only way to protect against voter fraud is to have to present an I.D. to vote. But they don't want that because it prevents THEM from stealing elections.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The nutty thing of the whole thing is that the only way to protect against voter fraud is to have to present an I.D. to vote. But they don't want that because it prevents THEM from stealing elections.
    Exactamundo!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I hope none of them got wind of the mind-control-nanobot plan...

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Why is there no oops... HUH?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Uh-oh....

Mason Dixon
    8. I know I will get killed for this, but

Last edited Mon May 7, 2012, 05:56 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I want to show picture ID when I vote.

I hate thinking that someone is voting with my late father's name.

I'm not in to taking points but we can do very little official business private or public in this country without showing valid ID.

I don't understand why we don't hold ourselves to the same standard with our most important public business.

I will say I don't know the language of every bill. In fact, I'm not speaking about any of them in particular, just conceptually.

How can you tell when the DUmmies know they are going to lose an election?

They start "stolen" election threads.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hmmmm...I guess all those ex-ACORN scum were KKKarl Rove Operatives. Right Atman??? Christ.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    If you were really cleared for that, you'd know that it was taken off of the table because of the side effects: Memory loss, incoherence, loss of cognitive abilities, etc. The test subjects proved unable to hold a coherent thought and express it. They shut it down, but not before Joe Biden broke out of the lab and got on the ticket as vice president.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Romney can win this election in the same manner that Reagan beat Mondale and these crybabies will still scream about a stolen election.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy