1. #1 What happened to America? 
    Recycled Roadkill
    I'm 22, but I often feel like I belong more in the '50s than today (my girlfriend is the same way--we're both old fashioned, 50s oriented people). I'm not resistant to change totally, but I also don't think that change is always a positive. I've been criticized for this by far leftist people, but what is so wrong with traditionalism? With traditional ideals? With Christianity? I go on a board which is the utter opposite of this one--Where most members are staunch Atheists who despise Christianity, whose membership is far left. And it seems to the FAR left everything is acceptable. I mean, I accept gays and lesbians. I hold nothing against them, I wish them only happiness because just because someone's gay doesn't mean they deserve anything less than me. But there are limits. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you need to have a pride parade. The same goes for Ethnic pride parades, and I say this as a proud American of Italian descent. Why does anyone need a pride parade? Have pride in yourself as an individual, not your orientation or your ethnic group.

And just the rampant permissiveness...I mean people celebrate Chaz Bono and her butchering herself...I see it as a mental illness. People have argued, "Well, science says her brain believes her to be a male, that transgender brains are more wired like the opposite sex"--I'd see that as a dysfunction of her brain then, since she was born with female parts; She was meant to be a female. I could understand if someone was a true hermaphrodite, that's horrible, but this isn't the case....If I had a stroke and couldn't walk, and my brain believed I could, people wouldn't celebrate that, they would treat it. Or if I had a delusion that I had magic powers, people wouldn't throw a pride parade, they'd send me to a psych ward.

I know people will blame it all on "Liberalism" but beyond that it just seems since the Hippie days (I hate the Hippies, they were probably the worst thing to ever happen to America), there's almost a decadence. We threw out the bad parts of the pre 60s era (the racism, sexism, etc), but also threw away a lot of the good parts, the decency, the pride, the sense of Americana. There's a lot more I could go on about. Just the whole "Do whatever you want, life is meaningless and there are no morals, male is female, Christianity is evil, straight white people are evil oppressors" etc mindset. I know I'm sort of rambling here but I hope some will get what I mean....

Your problem is that you are too mature for most 22 year old people. You write well, speak in sentences and paragraphs, and organize your thoughts well.

Like, OMG, who would you run around with?

You'll do well. You have found a path that makes sense to you and serves something greater than yourself.

Keep truckin'

And welcome aboard.

No disagreement here. I lived with the beatniks and hippies and gave absolutely no use for either.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

How many of your friends think the way you do? Most of the of kids your age, around here, are looking for the freebies. You seem to be a rare commodity... too rare these days
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot