Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Breaking: Bigotry Wins Again !!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The people (including blacks!!!!) have spoken and DUmmieLand is NOT happy...

Tue May 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
    WillyT

Breaking: Bigotry Wins Again !!! 'North Carolina OKs Constitutional Same-Sex Marriage Ban' - MSNBC

North Carolina OKs constitutional same-sex marriage ban
    By Tom Curry, msnbc.com National Affairs Writer
    Minutes Ago

<snip>

North Carolina voters Tuesday approved a proposed amendment to the state’s constitution which would limit marriage to traditional one man-one woman marriages.

The amendment says: “Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State.” In effect, it would bar the state from giving legal recognition to civil unions between same-sex couples.

Under North Carolina law, same-sex marriages are already banned.

And opponents of the constitutional amendment did not make the argument that defeating it was a prelude to changing the law so that same-sex couples could legally marry in North Carolina.

“This is not a conversation about a possible change of law down the road,” said Paul Guequierre, a spokesperson for the Coalition to Protect All North Carolina Families, the main group rallying opposition to the amendment, on Monday.

By approving the amendment, North Carolina joins 28 other states that have state constitutional provisions limit marriage to man-woman unions.

<snip>

More: http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...riage-ban?lite
    Damn that Voting!!!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Let's put your rights to a vote... in Palmetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Did you have a right to sodomite marriage before?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

May the FORCE be with you!

Need I remind everyone that NC is a blue state.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    He wanted it to be a brown state.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

How would you like me to vote on your marriage? Are you or your wife remarried? If so, then we should have the right to vote on it because it goes against traditional marriage. Feel intrusive? That's how gays feel.

I just watched a legal expert from Elon University talk about how the warnings was gave about amendment one are true. We also heard these warnings from experts from the UNC School of Law. North Carolinians took the words of ACTIVISTS over LAWYERS, so honestly I'm a little bit cold toward them right now. I can't help but think whatever happens to them in light of this new law, it's their own damn fault. I have this thing against WILLFUL ignorance.

Oh, and I was upset with Obama in 2010. I felt that he was too controlling. I felt he was bankrupting us, so I voted Republican for the most part. I'm not making this up, I did. I really did. For the first time in years, Republicans got a hold of the house and senate here. I ALWAYS knew Republican politicians in my state could NOT be trusted, but I did it anyway. Why is it that almost any time I vote Republican, I regret it? I expected the Republicans to lower some taxes here and to bring some jobs to the state. For the most part, they didn't lower taxes here. They're still high as hell. What they did was use their new power to target the gay people. I feel betrayed, and you know what? With the exception of Howard Coble, I will NEVER EVER, and I mean NEVER vote for another Republican again. NEVER.

And you know something else? Conservatives are really good with charity, but they're piss poor in regards to our healthcare needs on a legal basis. They proved that again tonight. I'm about to get completely behind Obamacare. 100% I was considering giving Romney a chance. I'm not convinced that Republican politicians are worthy of our trust. If you support this amendment, then you're not a reliable person to trust in regards to our healthcare.

And you want to know more? I'm facebook friends with the former president of the College Republicans on my campus. She was really snarky after Bush won last time. She spoke about how badly she was treated as a conservative woman. She went to law school. She actually knows this amendment. She just declared she won't vote Republican anymore after this. You don't know how many allies you pissed off with this. I may have been arguing with you all on the boards for years, but I often voted Republican. I totally did in 2010. I did so in 2006 for the most part. Not anymore. If this is what they do when they get power, then the heck with them. They may have gotten their way with this amendment, but I'll work tooth and nail to make sure they'll regret it in November. I'm not the only one.

Calling someone a bigot and then not calling them a racist sounds kind of.....................lonesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wrong. NC became a red state for the first time in several years.

I think NCers were hoping for fewer taxes and more jobs. Instead, we got this. I'm one of the people who voted for those people in 2010, and I feel betrayed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Wrong. NC became a red state for the first time in several years.

I think NCers were hoping for fewer taxes and more jobs. Instead, we got this. I'm one of the people who voted for those people in 2010, and I feel betrayed!!!
    Did they have homosexual marriage before?