Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    And "we" had our say about your kind getting "married".
    Which will last as long as it takes to get this through the USSC. I hope you are young enough to see liberty victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Which will last as long as it takes to get this through the USSC. I hope you are young enough to see liberty victorious.
    Right back atcha...

We know you won't though...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have seen liberty victorious many times in my life. This argument isn't about liberty, it's about the imposition of a minority agenda on the majority, which is pretty much the opposite of liberty.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Nova and the Leftards use a different Constitution than the rest of us.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Before the amendment in my state was passed, NC was allowing domestic benefits for unmarried couples (heterosexual and homosexual). Only a few counties were allowing the benefits, but now the benefits might cease. The mayor of Charlotte is already pushing for an end to the domestic benefits (something proponents of the amendment said wouldn't happen).

The 14th amendment says that no state shall make a law abridging the privileges or immunities of citizens. It's 100% clear. It's not interpreted. It's clear. It's literal. Truth is if married couples were not given special rights, there wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I have seen liberty victorious many times in my life. This argument isn't about liberty, it's about the imposition of a minority agenda on the majority, which is pretty much the opposite of liberty.
    Well Ody, do you know what I think of that?

I think that marriage is a religious institution. For that reason, I don't think atheists should be allowed to get married. I'd like an amendment banning all marriages for atheists. I'm going to present the proposal. I'm sure I can get some Republican politicians to vote to have it come up for a vote as an amendment to the state constitution. If it's approved, then atheists can no longer get married. If the supreme court overturns it, then it's an atheist minority trying to force their ways onto a Christian majority. We are the victims. You atheists are the bad guys trying to take away liberty.

Did that make any sense to you?

Neither do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv

Before the amendment in my state was passed, NC was allowing domestic benefits for unmarried couples (heterosexual and homosexual). Only a few counties were allowing the benefits, but now the benefits might cease. The mayor of Charlotte is already pushing for an end to the domestic benefits (something proponents of the amendment said wouldn't happen).

The 14th amendment says that no state shall make a law abridging the privileges or immunities of citizens. It's 100% clear. It's not interpreted. It's clear. It's literal. Truth is if married couples were not given special rights, there wouldn't be that much of a problem.
    Not, that they have. Not that they definately will... MIGHT. Also, how is this hurting gays exclusively if straights are also facing the MIGHT?

No snark intended, it's a serious question.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I think that marriage is a religious institution. For that reason, I don't think atheists should be allowed to get married.
    I don't think two atheists would get married in a church.

One atheist and one believer might marry in a church. Just like one gay person and one straight person could.

No need for your laws.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!!!!

Make sure you bring Cheetos and Mountain Dew. The Occupy UNC crowd will thank you for it.

Anyways, it was a great day. The people of North Carolina voted not to sanction deviant behavior. Im sorry but two dudes or two lesbians living together is NOT and should NOT occupy the same status as a heterosexual couple.
    Actually, I came and asked for soda. Was a rough day. I was tired. At the end of the meeting, we were supposed to eat out. I went to the restroom for one moment thinking that if not one person left yet, I had time. I came out and the door was locked. I banged on the door. I was starting to panic. Fortunately, I found the President's number on a sheet of paper (President of the Dem party, not Obama). I gave him a call and he came and unlocked me. Good thing. Calling the fire dept for that would have been embarrassing. lol.

So now, I'm making plans to help get people registered to vote and to bring them to the polls. I'm not worried about Obama winning so much as I want the state reps and senators changed back to Democrat. If the affects of Amendment one are as bad as predicted (which will probably affect a lot more straight people than gays, not that many of them deserve sympathy for what's about to happen, but I still don't want it to happen), then the Republicans stand a good chance of being voted out. While many Democrats did vote for Amendment One, they got told that all it affected was gay marriage and that just isn't true.

So yeah, I didn't just have a hissy fit last week. I jumped off the fence and it wasn't to the right. I just hope I don't make too many enemies because despite occasionally blowing up, I really am a peaceful person at heart. A Catholic, pro-life, gay rights liberal that's doing more than posting puppies. There really is no group for that. How am I going to make that work? Crap. Later guys.

Oh, and NC did not make a moral stand last week. They totally have deviant behavior on a regular basis. Did you know you can marry your first cousin here? That's gross. Oh, and we no longer demand blood tests because people are already having sex before marriage. So much for the sanctity of marriage. We also have no fault divorce here. There's far more offensive stuff, but I won't even begin to talk about it. I have other stuff to do. NCers do some really really really nasty stuff. Gay marriage really is the least of the problems.
    Last edited by Lanie; 05-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't think two atheists would get married in a church.

One atheist and one believer might marry in a church. Just like one gay person and one straight person could.

No need for your laws.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but two gay people absolutely positively can get married in a church in North Carolina so long as it's a church that supports gay marriage. All Amendment One means is that the marriage won't be recognized by law. The state can't come in and tell a church not to perform a ceremony.

Is that what this is about? You think churches will be forced to perform gay ceremonies if gay marriages were legal? They won't. Like I said in another thread, I'm Catholic (believe it or not). My church will NOT perform a ceremony between two people if one of them is divorced and hasn't had their marriage annulled by the church. The law recognizes remarriages. My church doesn't. The Priests at my church have never been forced to perform a ceremony for two people whose marriage they don't believe in. Why would anybody want an unwilling priest or preacher to perform their ceremony? That doesn't make sense.

If gay marriage becomes legal, your rights stay in tact.

So now, I'm making plans to help get people registered to vote and to bring them to the polls. I'm not worried about Obama winning so much as I want the state reps and senators changed back to Democrat. If the affects of Amendment one are as bad as predicted (which will probably affect a lot more straight people than gays, not that many of them deserve sympathy for what's about to happen, but I still don't want it to happen), then the Republicans stand a good chance of being voted out. While many Democrats did vote for Amendment One, they got told that all it affected was gay marriage and that just isn't true.

Again... IF! You're using scare tactics and not facts. 32 times this Bill was put up for a vote in the US, 32 times this Bill has passed.Support for gay "marriage" just isn't all that the polls say it is (SURPRISE!)
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot