Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    A lot of this is generational. A lot of people my age or older have sort of an "eww" attitude about it. A lot of our parents had that attitude about interracial marriage, and they died off. I don't know anyone in their 30's or younger who thinks this is a big deal; of course people who love each other should marry if they want to. All people. Eventually people our age or older will die off as well, and this won't be an issue.
    I dont know I know a lot of young people who aren't for gay marriage, time will tell.

Wow. First you say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I have this thing against WILLFUL ignorance.
    Then you say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I will NEVER EVER, and I mean NEVER vote for another Republican again. NEVER.*
    This is one of the biggest cop outs I've ever seen. You were only looking for an excuse but everyone here knows that you are as leftist as they come. 2nd, per this web site(your ilk runs), in 2008, there were 5.7 million registered voters in NC. 2.6 million Democrats, 1.9 Republicans, 1.2 independent. That means approximately 45% of all registered voters in NC identify themselves as Democrat while only 33% identify as Republican. To further the numbers, including the independents, 67% do not consider themselves as Republicans. That said, this measure passed with a 61% margin. I'd say that a good throng of Democrats voted for this measure as well. But you do your usual thing and continue to paint with that broad brush. Oh, and I'd venture to guess that a good number of blacks voted for this measure as well.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I dont know I know a lot of young people who aren't for gay marriage, time will tell.
    Geography is a factor too. I'm in the urban east, where elements like religious fundamentalism are less of an influencer.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The Supreme Court will take care of this.
    Would you feel the same way if the vote went your way and those who oppose it took it to court? Most likely not. If the measure didn't pass, you and your ilk would be dancing in the streets talking about the will of the people but since it didn't go your way, you and your ilk want the courts to stiff arm what the people actually want. This is why you and your ilk are the biggest bunch of hypocrites walking.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Would you feel the same way if the vote went your way and those who oppose it took it to court? Most likely not. If the measure didn't pass, you and your ilk would be dancing in the streets talking about the will of the people but since it didn't go your way, you and your ilk want the courts to stiff arm what the people actually want. This is why you and your ilk are the biggest bunch of hypocrites walking.
    Like prop 8 in California.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Geography is a factor too. I'm in the urban east, where elements like religious fundamentalism are less of an influencer.
    It was a novelty to have gay comedians and gays on TV shows in the 80's and by the 90's it was even trendy, I think support for gay causes will decline as people realize what a pain in the ass they are.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

This fails on it's face. Blacks voted overwhelmingly in favor of Prop 8 in 2008. 70% to be exact. Latinos voted 53% in favor of it. Minorities tend to gravitate toward urban areas so it stands to reason that measures like this will get the support of minorities. Truth be told, blacks, while very leftist/Marxist when it comes to financial issues are very conservative when it comes to social issues.

Be careful what you wish for.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Not in the way you are hoping for.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Not in the way you are hoping for.
    Americans don't want homosexual marriage, there are only 6 brown states in the union.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg