1. #1 Josh Hamilton hits four home runs against Orioles 
    Josh Hamilton hits four home runs against Orioles, becomes 16th player in history to reach record

Josh Hamilton won over baseball on a summer night in the Bronx four years ago, putting on an unbelievable show of power in the home run derby at old Yankee Stadium.

On Tuesday night in Baltimore, the Texas Rangers star captivated all of baseball with his home run prowess again — this time during a regular-season game — swatting four homers off Orioles pitchers in a 10-3 win at Camden Yards.

"I always wanted to get three [homers] and I never did that," Hamilton told reporters after the game "Just thanking the Lord up above."
    We make big deals about perfect games, but 21 pitchers have recorded one throughout baseball history. Only 15 other players have hit four home runs in the same game with the last one before Hamilton being Carlos Delgado on Sept. 25, 2003. No one has ever hit five home runs in a single game.

A few other facts about Hamilton's four-homer effort:

• Hamilton went 5-for-5 on the night with eight RBIs and collected an American League-record 18 total bases. If you count the homer he hit in the ninth inning of Monday's game, he has five home runs in his last six at-bats (and a total of 14 on the season).

You could see the Orioles' fans giving him applause. That was a pretty cool thing to do.

Impressive display by Hamilton.

<checking to see if this guy is on any of my fantasy teams>

Yes, impressive indeed. And the stats folks keep are incredible.

The other day a non-position player got the win when a team ran out of pitchers. He was 0 for 8 in the game too. I forget the number of times but it was not the first time a guy got the win and simultaneously went 0 for 8.

Few weeks ago another guy plunked two guys back to back to have a walk off back to back plunking for the win. Also not the first time something like that happened.

I thought baseball might be out of firsts but the article above says no one has ever hit 5 homers in a game. Surprising actually.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    <checking to see if this guy is on any of my fantasy teams>

Yes, impressive indeed. And the stats folks keep are incredible.

The other day a non-position player got the win when a team ran out of pitchers. He was 0 for 8 in the game too. I forget the number of times but it was not the first time a guy got the win and simultaneously went 0 for 8.

Few weeks ago another guy plunked two guys back to back to have a walk off back to back plunking for the win. Also not the first time something like that happened.

I thought baseball might be out of firsts but the article above says no one has ever hit 5 homers in a game. Surprising actually.

Hamilton came pretty damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Hamilton came pretty damn close.
    I see he went 5 for 5. Where'd his other hit end up? Double off the wall? Triple down the line?

(yes I could look it up. busy right now)

Whattya know, Michael Jack did it. I wonder if I was watching that game:

Mike Schmidt, Philadelphia Phillies — April 17, 1976
    Be Not Afraid.

That would have been a great time to announce his retirement.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand