Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anyone noticed that obama is making a lot of blunders lately, both verbal and otherwise. I don't recall him making these obvious mistakes in 2008.

As for that picture......fortunately I ate a several hours ago. We were going to have dessert, but I think I'll pass.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that obama is making a lot of blunders lately, both verbal and otherwise. I don't recall him making these obvious mistakes in 2008.

As for that picture......fortunately I ate a several hours ago. We were going to have dessert, but I think I'll pass.
    I don't know that he's making more blunders, so much as that they are getting more press. But he does seem to have chewed... oops, I meant screwed the pooch a bit more lately.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

"when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf"

Something has been bugging me about that comment, over and above the arrogance and narcissism of it. It finally hit me today. Don't know why it took so long.

My war was a long, long time ago. I remember standing, raising my hand and taking the oath and all that, but when I got to Vietnam and was assigned to my unit, it didn't take long for the reality to hit me. Simply, we weren't fighting for God, Mom, Country, Apple Pie or any of that. When things got serious as they did occasionally, we were fighting for each other. We fought to keep each other alive.

I guess no real point to this post. I just had to say that.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

No it's a good post, it makes you think of the reality of things sometimes.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

"when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf"

Something has been bugging me about that comment, over and above the arrogance and narcissism of it. It finally hit me today. Don't know why it took so long.

My war was a long, long time ago. I remember standing, raising my hand and taking the oath and all that, but when I got to Vietnam and was assigned to my unit, it didn't take long for the reality to hit me. Simply, we weren't fighting for God, Mom, Country, Apple Pie or any of that. When things got serious as they did occasionally, we were fighting for each other. We fought to keep each other alive.

My son was in Iraq and one of the most profound things he told me was "it's about looking out for the guy on your right and left."

If it was almost anyone but Obama, you could make the case that the comment was made as a citizen, "fighting for me (and my family or something) but what we know about Obama, he didn't mean it that way.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.