1. #1 DOJ defends staffer who called Mississipians ‘disgusting and shameful’ 
    Link

DOJ defends staffer who called Mississipians ‘disgusting and shameful’

The Department of Justice is using official resources to publicly defend a career employee in the Civil Rights Division Voting Section who made inflammatory comments about Mississippi voters.

Writing on Facebook, Stephanie Celandine Gyamfi called Mississippians “Disgusting and shameful.”

“Hey, that should replace the state motto: ‘Mississippi: Disgusting and Shameful’ … forget the Magnolia State motto,” she wrote

In response to those comments, which PJ Media first reported April 29, Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann called for Gyamfi to be removed from her position of reviewing legal matters related to voter ID applications for Mississippi and the other 49 states.

“Her comments were unprofessional, unwarranted, irresponsible and misguided,” Hosemann said. “This employee not only should not review Mississippi’s application for voter ID, she shouldn’t review anyone’s application for voter ID.”

Three Mississippi Republican congressmen — Gregg Harper, Steven Palazzo and Alan Nunnelee — demanded the same.

Gyamfi’s professional problems appear to extend past her online anger. According to reports, she admitted in a soon-to-be-released Inspector General report that she committed perjury on three different occasions, in testimony related to DOJ leaks during the George W. Bush administration.
    Cronyism at its finest!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Most of us Mississippians are used to such carrying on from uninformed people. If someone in Mississippi is guilty of a crime, name him and his crime. Otherwise, keep quiet.

The truth is that when someone calls you names and accuses you of crimes uncommitted it says a great deal about them - and nothing at all about you.

Gyamfi’s professional problems appear to extend past her online anger. According to reports, she admitted in a soon-to-be-released Inspector General report that she committed perjury on three different occasions, in testimony related to DOJ leaks during the George W. Bush administration.
    She's a damn BDS suffering barking moonbat!

What's her DU name?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

She should be in trouble for the perjury charges.

The Mississippi comments on facebook are free speech. Not very nice speech, but free speech nonetheless.

But it should be noted that we in the north make jokes about two southern states in particular-Mississippi and West Virginia. I think that the Mississippi jokes stem a lot from us being forced to read Faulkner in high school-the two works I read were The Sound And The Fury, and the short story "A Rose For Emily". Both are seriously f-ed up stories, whether it's the character in the first who responds to the question from a college friend "Are you a virgin" with "Do you have a sister?", or the story of the old lady who keeps her deceased husband's body in bed with her. Couple that with the civil rights history, and yankees can be very self-righteous about things that we are equally quilty of-it's not like there is no incest in Michigan (or I'd be out of a job), or that black people have always had equal rights here.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She should be in trouble for the perjury charges.

The Mississippi comments on facebook are free speech. Not very nice speech, but free speech nonetheless.

But it should be noted that we in the north make jokes about two southern states in particular-Mississippi and West Virginia.............
    heh, heh....even in Mississippi we make jokes about West Virginia.

Free speech? I suppose so. And to tell you the truth if it makes the Obama administration look bad - and her comments certainly do - then I'm in favor of her being allowed to say what she said. After all, since Mississippi boasts the largest number of elected black officials of any state, the truth is obviously far removed from her vision.