1. #1 Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly 
    This book is a must read. I read it in a few days this week and it was a great look at one of the most poignant times in our history. O'Reilly is supposed to be working on another historical book but check this one out.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I haven't read this yet but it's on my list. His next book is going to be called "Killing JFK" if memory serves.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I am reading this now. It is a very good book. Even though I am not a fan of Lincoln, I am enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    I am reading this now. It is a very good book. Even though I am not a fan of Lincoln, I am enjoying it.
    I like that he gets into the mind of Booth and shows just how much of a megalomaniac he really was. It also points out that Mary Surratt was just as culpable in this as the rest however I believe her death sentence was a bit much. She got exactly what the actual "trigger men" got. She received a more severe sentence than Samuel Mudd received(who was later pardoned) but she did a lot less than Mudd. The book also points to other possible conspirators, namely Stanton, who I believe was involved. I'm still trying to figure out how Axelrod got executed considering all he did was get drunk instead of assassinating Johnson while O'Laughlin who actually took part in a failed attempt to kidnap Lincoln yet he received a jail sentence. This whole case is a bit ruddy to say the least.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 05-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I like that he gets into the mind of Booth and shows just how much of a megalomaniac he really was. It also points out that Mary Surratt was just as culpable in this as the rest however I believe her death sentence was a bit much. She got exactly what the actual "trigger men" got. She received a more severe sentence than Samuel Mudd received(who was later pardoned) but she did a lot less than Mudd. The book also points to other possible conspirators, namely Stanton, who I believe was involved. I'm still trying to figure out how Axelrod got executed considering all he did was get drunk instead of assassinating Johnson while O'Laughlin who actually took part in a failed attempt to kidnap Lincoln yet he received a jail sentence. This whole case is a bit ruddy to say the least.
    If you say it is good I'll go ahead and get it, I was a little disappointed with Glenn Becks 'Being George Washington' and was going to pass on books written by talk show hosts for awhile.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If you say it is good I'll go ahead and get it, I was a little disappointed with Glenn Becks 'Being George Washington' and was going to pass on books written by talk show hosts for awhile.
    Beck's books are near unreadable. O'Reilly is a much better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Beck's books are near unreadable. O'Reilly is a much better writer.
    He has writers and I'm sure Bill does too, the problem seemed to me that he wrote the book for 7th grade to senior in high school which is fine, but he marketed it to adults also, rather than making the proper distinction.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg