Thread: Arrrgh. FL, Scott, Purging voters: Nearly 200,000 Fla. voters may not be citizens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Arrrgh. FL, Scott, Purging voters: Nearly 200,000 Fla. voters may not be citizens 
    cali

Arrrgh. FL, Scott, Purging voters: Nearly 200,000 Fla. voters may not be citizens

By GARY FINEOUT
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Advertisement

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida officials are now saying that nearly 200,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens.

Earlier in the week, state election officials announced they had identified more than 2,600 people who are in Florida legally but ineligible to vote.

The Department of State is asking county election officials to verify the information. Election supervisors are contacting voters and if someone is not a citizen, their name will be dropped from the voter rolls.

But an initial list drawn up by the state - and not widely released - shows that a comparison of voter lists and driver's license information turned up a list of nearly 182,000 people who may not be U.S. citizens.

State officials, however, note that some of those on list may have become citizens after first getting their driver's licenses. Still, the decision to screen the voter rolls for non-citizens could result in tens of thousands voters being dropped in the middle of a critical election year.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002678176

Ohhhhh Nooooooooooooooooo! There go the repubs stealing the election again!!!!!
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Because we all know it's better to let illegal voters to vote...just in case.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Because we all know it's better to let illegal voters to vote...just in case.
    Yeah! There must be a way, if you're truly interested in voting, to go to Sec of State and prove you're a citizen. Maybe since Florida is probably going to go for Romney now, partly because of Obama coming out of the closet, the DUmmies have to blame it on something else.

And another thing! If an illegal alien can get a driver's license, then so can poor people.
    “VOTER ID NECESSARY”
    Astute Amarillan says that to call #VoterID a barrier “is a ‘straw man’ argument. If you are on welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, apply for a bank account, apply for a driver’s license, apply for a job, file for unemployment, obtain credit, buy a car, land or a house, you have to have identification.”

http://amarillo.com/opinion/letters-...r-id-necessary
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Yeah! There must be a way, if you're truly interested in voting, to go to Sec of State and prove you're a citizen. Maybe since Florida is probably going to go for Romney now, partly because of Obama coming out of the closet, the DUmmies have to blame it on something else.

And another thing! If an illegal alien can get a driver's license, then so can poor people.
    I think these ones are getting ready, I shot this pic by the hardware store, 3 in the cab and 6 in back, 1 compact pickup load = 9 votes
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

This thread caught my eye too.

Of course they are mad, mad, mad....because ...... well evidently they know it means that illegal aliens and those here legally, but who are not citizens won't be allowed to vote...and that hurts Obama.
    cali (70,876 posts)
    2. same verse, same refrain.

It's hard not to think of FL as the most politically corrupt state in the country.
    A state that makes sure that only those eligible to vote can do s is considered "corrupt" by liberals.
    DallasNE (1,385 posts)

7. People Must Not Quietly Accept This

They need to get disruptive (but not violent). Bring the process to its knees. Election workers need to call in sick -- they don't have enough back up to cover very many no shows. Yes, it would make it inconvienent for voters but nothing will happen unless the process is ground to a halt -- just look at the history.
    skydive forever (15 posts)
    8. I've lived in Florida my whole life

And I am becoming more and more embarrassed by that fact almost daily. I've seen so much hate and ignorance here, it just boggles my mind.
    So now making sure those who are ineligible to vote aren't able to is "hate"?
    Last edited by Carol; 05-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think these ones are getting ready, I shot this pic by the hardware store, 3 in the cab and 6 in back, 1 compact pickup load = 9 votes
    Politically incorrect warning:

Maybe those guys were just going to Walgreen to get some tortilla chips and beer?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Hey Rock... is that a suitcase w/a laptop in it?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

There are a couple of reasoned responses, but not many. I wonder how long they will last...

greytdemocrat
    11. I live here too...

And while ignorant people are here I've seen little evidence of widesdread "hate" of anyone.

The problem with these voter purges is the state always seems to do it right before a major election which throws the state in the spot light. If you aren't here legally or you are not a FL resident you should not be voting here.
    Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cali (Original post)
    Sat May 12, 2012, 06:10 AM
    jehop61
    10. Here in SW FL

They've discovered a total of 40 voters who may or may not be eligible to vote! Wow! in two of the most populous counties in the state that's all they found. This, of course, justifies a statewide law to protect the vote from illegal voters. Sort of like killing a gnat with a baseball bat!
    Reply to this post

Response to jehop61 (Reply #10)
    Sat May 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
    greytdemocrat
    12. And...

If our side lost by 40 votes you'd be saying????
    Reply to this post

kestrel91316
    17. Look, if you AREN'T a citizen, you HAVE no right to vote.

Because your national loyalty is not to the US. This is totally as it should be.

I don't want my candidates to be elected by people who have no legal right to vote here. I want US to play fair and square, even if repukes don't.

I can't go to France and expect to vote there just because I happen to live there. I need to be A CITIZEN. And I refuse to whine and fuss about that little fact. It would be extremely nervy and presumptuous of me to assume that my mere physical presence in a country entitled me to participate in its political process.
    Reply to this post
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

God forbid that all of the dead people still on the voting rolls get purged. :roll eyes:

I mean...as Rush pointed out last week there is an empty house across the bridge from his...that has 10 allegedly registered voters using it as their address.

Amazing how the DUmmies are all for moles and fake voters and the like..as long as it's not on their website.

Oh the hypocrisy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

Hey Rock... is that a suitcase w/a laptop in it?
    It is actually an aluminum hard case made for a laptop, I had a hard time adequately protecting my laptop on the rough roads when I use it on my oil route, I have a three fan cooler in it under the laptop too.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s01_i00
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg