1. #1 Remember those rebate checks W was so proud of sending us? 
    Tennessee Gal

Remember those rebate checks W was so proud of sending us?

Rachel, in her brilliant way, pointed out last night that the Obama administration also gave us a rebate. However, they did it in a smarter way, of course. They gave it in smaller increments through our pay checks, which meant that instead of receiving a check of a few hundred dollars that many just saved for a rainy day, Americans are getting a small amount weekly or monthly and are more likely to spend it and stimulate the economy.

The problem Rachel pointed out is that the Obama administration has done a poor job of telling the American people about it! W announced his rebate with great fanfare just like his "Mission Accomplished" moment.

How many Americans think of the small amount more they are receiving in their pay checks as a rebate and give Obama credit for it? Very few.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002678198

madokie
    1. Rachel is the best we have

And yes it sucked the way the previous administration did their rebate. It was intended to get votes where with Obama its intended to put more money in our pockets day to day, week to week, month to month and in a more dignified way.
    Our press is in the pockets of the rich and powerful retilicons, err I mean republics, dang it republicons, hell I give up
    Bow are they fucked.....
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

They gave it in smaller increments through our pay checks, which meant that instead of receiving a check of a few hundred dollars that many just saved for a rainy day, Americans are getting a small amount weekly or monthly and are more likely to spend it and stimulate the economy.
    Yes because the government is smarter and better equipped to 'help' us spend their, er, our money.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

What rebate checks? You mean the 40 dollars a year from the payroll tax cut that will still be spent regardless of whether the government gets the money? Perhaps they're referring to the rebate checks that were in the form of those tax cuts Bush gave everyone, and actually made it where (i think) poor people didn't pay in taxes?

That 'rebate' Barky is 'giving' is coming out of our Social Security funds. So he's taking (our money) monies out of our so called retirement fund in the form of a dollar or two a week less that we 'pay in' and calling it a 'rebate'.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    That 'rebate' Barky is 'giving' is coming out of our Social Security funds. So he's taking (our money) monies out of our so called retirement fund in the form of a dollar or two a week less that we 'pay in' and calling it a 'rebate'.
    Undeniable facts suck.

For liberals.

That's what I thought too, I mean it's like a credit card, sure you can buy something now, but you'll have to pay it back with interest later.... Libs were never really good with budgeting, I wish I could go 3 years without a written budget I'd be set.

My problems with the Bush rebates was that in at least half the cases it was only more welfare, it was not a cut in the tax rate, it was a hand out in many cases to people that never paid a dime in taxes.
    It should have been given as a percentage of taxes actually paid by individuals, as it was it was borrowed from China and increased our debt.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    My problems with the Bush rebates was that in at least half the cases it was only more welfare, it was not a cut in the tax rate, it was a hand out in many cases to people that never paid a dime in taxes.
    It should have been given as a percentage of taxes actually paid by individuals, as it was it was borrowed from China and increased our debt.
    Of course. Bush was a "moderate". And so was his cabinet. Moderates can get away with liberal policies. But of course since he had an R by his name the left called him a right wing extremist. And he would never defend himself so ... if you repeat the lie often enough ...

Of course. Bush was a "moderate". And so was his cabinet. Moderates can get away with liberal policies. But of course since he had an R by his name the left called him a right wing extremist. And he would never defend himself so ... if you repeat the lie often enough ...
    He knew what needed to be done but he was too nice a guy, he didn't want to step on any toes so when possible he was reaching across the isle. It got him nowhere, he should have fought for his conservative principles because they hated him anyway, you can't placate a bunch of rabid skunks.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Thats what I have always said too. If theyre going to hate you... no matter what you do anyways... why not just do the right thing?

To this day Bush is clueless in this regard.