Thread: My Mother

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 My Mother 
    My Mother passed away about 6:30 this evening after a long battle with Parkinson's disease, I will miss her but the last days were not good ones.
    Don't forget to visit your mothers tomorrow.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I am sorry to hear that. I currently have Mom in a home I understand what you are going through. Do not feel guilty for being relieved.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Rock, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has passed away, but at least she will be at peace. My prayers are with you. My mom had vascular dementia (from many small strokes) and couldn't remember much of anything and couldn't comprehend what was being said to her. It's such a loss, but the only comfort I had was it was for the best, I guess.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

You have my deepest condolences. I lost both my Mother and a wonderful Mother-in-law at far too young ages. One to breast cancer and the other to a series of (probably) unneeded surgeries over a very short time period. I still miss them both and that was over 40 years ago.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I am sorry to hear that. I currently have Mom in a home I understand what you are going through. Do not feel guilty for being relieved.
    She went to the care facility in January, it was no longer physically possible for her to stay home with her husband, she was unable to walk or care for herself at all and he couldn't keep up with it.
    She fought the care home with everything she had and refused to adapt, when she finally realized it was permanent she gave up and quit eating.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She went to the care facility in January, it was no longer physically possible for her to stay home with her husband, she was unable to walk or care for herself at all and he couldn't keep up with it.
    She fought the care home with everything she had and refused to adapt, when she finally realized it was permanent she gave up and quit eating.
    That's so sad, Rock. My mom went to an assisted living place and had her own little room. She seemed OK because she loved to play bingo and do crafts. It made it easier when she adapted most of the time----other than the times she barred the door of her room and refused to go to their beauty parlor. I used to get lots of calls at work from the place, asking me to talk my mom down. It's weird to be the parent to your parent.

God bless you and your family.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Aw damn Rock, I am so sorry for your loss...

I know exactly what you are going through buddy, exactly what you are going through....

As much as I can be, I'm here for you

Prayers for you and yours right now
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Sorry for your loss, Rock. My mom passed about 11 years ago, and her last days weren't good either. Bittersweet is the word that comes to mind. Bitter for me, sweet for her.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

So sorry for your loss Rock. Be grateful for the time you had with her.

Rock--

My mother died last year on May 10th. Please accept my condolences.

--Ody
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!