Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What Version of the Bible is He Reading? 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cNtH1mULo

Sen. Rand Paul on Obama: 'What Version of the Bible is He Reading?'

CNSNews.com - Speaking Saturday night at an event sponsored by the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky expressed surprise that President Barack Obama would say that his support for same-sex marriage was rooted in the Bible.

"What version of the Bible is he reading?" Paul said.

"“The president recently weighed in on marriage," Paul told the crowd at the Point of Grace Church in Waukee, Iowa. "And, you know, he said his views were evolving on marriage. Call me cynical but I wasn’t sure that his views on marriage could get any gayer. Now it did kind of bother me, though, that he used the justification for it in a biblical reference. He said the biblical Golden Rule caused him to be for gay marriage.

"And I'm like: What version of the Bible is he reading?" said Paul. "It’s not the King James version. It’s not the New American Standard. It’s not the New Revised version. I don’t know what version he is getting it from.

"Now that doesn’t mean we have to be harsh and mean and hate people," said Paul. "We understand sin and if we believe it’s sin we still understand that people sin. And we understand that we are not out there preaching some sort of hateful dogma against people. But that doesn’t mean that we have to go ahead and give up our traditions. We’ve got 6,000 years of tradition. There’s a lot of stability, even beyond religion, there’s stability in the family unit. Just from an anthropological point of view, the family is really important thing. We shouldn’t just give up on it."

CNSNews.com

---------------------------------------------------------

I have to assume that spending 20 years in a black liberation theology church really doesn’t teach you much as far as the Christian bible is concerned. And why should he care when he knows that the media would cover for him even if he confessed to being a pedophile?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I'd be willing to bet Obama has never read the Bible. If he did, he certainly doesn't understand it. What he has is his lackys telling him what to say. This is what happens when you have people who not only have no respect for the Bible but who don't understand it or care to understand it trying to bend it to their whims. Where they fail is that most liberals are like minded to their beliefs so saying something like this might resonate with them but most Christians are smarter than they when it comes to Biblical matters and will pshaw this with a wave. The best part is that when pressed, they can't tell you where in the Bible it says gay marriage and homosexual acts are good.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJQ8_vGOuI

When speaking about the bible 0bama calls it "the bible".

When he speaks about the koran he calls it "the Holy Koran".

And the muslim call to prayer as 'one of the most beautiful sounds on earth he has ever heard'.

Is there any guess as to which book he actually holds dear?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'd be willing to bet Obama has never read the Bible. If he did, he certainly doesn't understand it. What he has is his lackys telling him what to say. This is what happens when you have people who not only have no respect for the Bible but who don't understand it or care to understand it trying to bend it to their whims. Where they fail is that most liberals are like minded to their beliefs so saying something like this might resonate with them but most Christians are smarter than they when it comes to Biblical matters and will pshaw this with a wave. The best part is that when pressed, they can't tell you where in the Bible it says gay marriage and homosexual acts are good.
    Of course he never read the Bible. His mother was a radical leftist and atheist, as were his grandparents, his father and stepfather were Muslims and his pastor was Jeremiah Wright, who preached black liberation theology. Where would Obama have ever even seen a Bible?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Of course he never read the Bible. His mother was a radical leftist and atheist, as were his grandparents, his father and stepfather were Muslims and his pastor was Jeremiah Wright, who preached black liberation theology. Where would Obama have ever even seen a Bible?
    In every nightstand drawer of every hotel he ever stayed in probably.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

That did occur to me, but how much do you want to bet that he never bothered looking? We're dealing with a narcissist who cannot conceive of worshipping anything beyond himself.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Most black churches, even radical liberal churches like Trinity UCC, have Bibles in the pews, next to the hymnals. UCC churches have liturgical readings in every service, one from the Old Testament and one from the New.

Additionally, most liberals have read the Bible, we just don't interpret it the same way. But there is no place in the gospels in which Jesus condemns homosexuality in his preaching. It is condemned in the Old Testament and Paul comments about it. Liberal Christians don't believe that the Bible is infallible, and understand that many of it's writers were also human beings, influenced by the culture and times in which they lived. Many things that the Torah states are abominations are accepted now, from eating non-kosher food to no longer forcing the parents of a bride to save the sheets after the marriage in consumated in order to prove their daughter went to her marriage bed a virgin.

My personal attitude is this: I don't care if someone I know is gay or not. I'm not. I have my own issues and problems in life to deal with, I'm not going to judge someone else for theirs. If the guy sitting next to me in church is gay, that is between he and God, not me and him. I am told to love my neighbor as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Most black churches, even radical liberal churches like Trinity UCC, have Bibles in the pews, next to the hymnals. UCC churches have liturgical readings in every service, one from the Old Testament and one from the New.

Additionally, most liberals have read the Bible, we just don't interpret it the same way. But there is no place in the gospels in which Jesus condemns homosexuality in his preaching. It is condemned in the Old Testament and Paul comments about it. Liberal Christians don't believe that the Bible is infallible, and understand that many of it's writers were also human beings, influenced by the culture and times in which they lived. Many things that the Torah states are abominations are accepted now, from eating non-kosher food to no longer forcing the parents of a bride to save the sheets after the marriage in consumated in order to prove their daughter went to her marriage bed a virgin.

My personal attitude is this: I don't care if someone I know is gay or not. I'm not. I have my own issues and problems in life to deal with, I'm not going to judge someone else for theirs. If the guy sitting next to me in church is gay, that is between he and God, not me and him. I am told to love my neighbor as myself.
    We're not talking about most liberals, we're talking about Obama, who constantly fractures scripture and interprets the texts in the shallowest, least thoughtful way possible. His understanding of the Bible, as literature, as religious scripture or even as a source of quotes is as shallow and ill-informed as his understanding of the Constitution.
    --Odysseus

Obama changes Bible verses around to support his wealth redistribution. ie: I am my brother's keeper.

Another example. I don't see how anyone who supports "choice" can consider themselves a Christian. It shows a lack of understanding at the least about Christ's teachings. "I don't judge other people" is a cop out. Love your neighbor as yourself is a great thing to glom onto but that's the second greatest commandment. The first is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. As Christians, we are instructed to love the sinner, hate the sin.. and we are to discern evil v good. If you want to call that "judging" that's up to you but it's not the same thing.

The Bible says that the end times are here when people call good evil and evil good. Like now.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Obama changes Bible verses around to support his wealth redistribution. ie: I am my brother's keeper.

Another example. I don't see how anyone who supports "choice" can consider themselves a Christian. It shows a lack of understanding at the least about Christ's teachings. "I don't judge other people" is a cop out. Love your neighbor as yourself is a great thing to glom onto but that's the second greatest commandment. The first is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. As Christians, we are instructed to love the sinner, hate the sin.. and we are to discern evil v good. If you want to call that "judging" that's up to you but it's not the same thing.

The Bible says that the end times are here when people call good evil and evil good. Like now.

Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer, among other "conservative christians" (like the founders and operators of Amway), have twisted scripture around to come up with the prosperity gospel, which is probably the largest apostasy out there right now. Some liberals also preach it-Unity has embraced it, which is one of many reasons I am no longer attending aUnity church.