Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I would disagree that this is a significant subset. Now whether they realize it or not is another matter. Other than banking, retail, food processing, and hospitality, I have known very few black people with jobs who don't work for the government. Those exceptions do not generate middle class income.
    This has got to be the most head-up-your-ass stereotyping I've ever seen. Good going Nova, you make the KKK smile
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    This has got to be the most head-up-your-ass stereotyping I've ever seen. Good going Nova, you make the KKK smile
    Feel free to counter it with your own experience. Blacks are overrepresented in public sector jobs and under represented in management, science, and technology.

Feel free to counter it with your own experience. Blacks are overrepresented in public sector jobs and under represented in management, science, and technology.
    Link?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Link?
    google it

google it
    It's your claim - you goggle it and link your findings.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Keep on telling yourself that.

The black voters care far more about having a black president than they do about gay marriage. Don't think this is going to keep many home on election day. None of my coworkers are staying home over this, and most of my black coworkers think gay marriage should not be legal. They don't blame Obama for the economic problems, they blame Bush and all republicans. Romney is a rich white man who enjoyed firing people more than Donald Trump. That's the message around here, at least.
    I agree except for the enthusiasm gap since the last election. O Blamer, The Sequel, just won't have the support and mindless giddiness surrounding his re-election bid. He now has a record that can't be hidden like his last thirty years.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    It's your claim - you goggle it and link your findings.
    ^^ This...what he said.

You've been here long enough Nova...you know better.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Interesting that the Black church won't embrace homosexuality but the Natl Assc for Always Complaining People endorse it. Hmmm, I wonder which one is really representing actual Black people and not the habitual tools of the left.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Link?
    Actually, TRG, in this case I believe that Nova is (partially) correct that the majority of blacks that actually work, hold government jobs......it's just another form of welfare......

As to why they are underrepresented in management and the sciences.....I'll let the reader draw their own conclusions......however this has been my experience as well, and for a relatively good reason.....

Here's some data:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stud...k-communities/

Well, according to a study by the U.C. Berkeley Department of Labor, “the public sector is the most important source of employment for African Americans and a key source of high-paying jobs, especially for black women.”

The Berkeley report also states that African Americans are 30 percent more likely to hold government jobs than any other group; from 2008-2010, 21.2 percent of black workers were employed in the public sector, compared to just 16.3 percent of non-black workers.
    doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Actually, TRG, in this case I believe that Nova is (partially) correct that the majority of blacks that actually work, hold government jobs......it's just another form of welfare......

doc
    doc - I doubt if any of us really disagreed as far as the up front personnel are concerned. We've all been in far too many gubmint offices not to see the evidence.

But.... The imperial command "google it" was way over the line and required s/he back up the claims.,,,, which she still hasn't done.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.