Thread: 'Pow Wow Chow'

Hybrid View

1. #1 'Pow Wow Chow' 
    The saga of U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren's phony baloney Native American heritage claim took an almost surreal turn.
    The Warren camp now says (and this is not a script from "SNL") that she is 1/32 Cherokee because her cousin was the editor of the book "Pow Wow Chow." ...

http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/sherm/Pow_..._.html?ref=545

I didn't know Amazon commenters had it in them:

I made this purchase hoping I would be invited to Indian lunches but I haven't got past the hot water part.

Overall this selection is lacking and has just a few good recipes inside. One for Humble Pie and another for Roasted Crow.

As a 0/32 native american, I decided to practice the recipes in this book in hopes that I would be invited to a luncheon, brunch or something with fellow 0/32 native americans.
    Be Not Afraid.

Elizabeth Warren was touting her claim of Cherokee heritage as early as 1984, according to a cookbook titled “Pow Wow Chow” edited by her cousin that includes Warren’s recipes for a savory crab omelet and spicy barbecued beans.
    The cookbook, edited by Warren’s cousin Candy Rowsey, is a compilation of “special recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families,” according to the introduction in a copy obtained by the Herald.
    Warren, who has been under fire for claiming Indian lineage despite a lack of documentation, is identified as “Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee” under each of five recipes she contributes in the cookbook, published in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum located in Muskogee.
    http://bostonherald.com/news/us_poli...eid=1061132202

I was born in a hospital next to the Crow River named for the Crow Indians, I think some Indian chicks are hot, I once stayed at a Holiday Inn on an Indian reservation, I think I'm Indian!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I wonder if she is related to Ward Churchill?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Funny you should say that Gina, they have a certain similarity.