1. #1 A Censored Race War 

"Those who automatically say that the social pathology of the ghetto is due to poverty, discrimination, and the like cannot explain why such pathology was far less prevalent in the 1950s, when poverty and discrimination were worse. But there were not nearly as many grievance mongers and race hustlers then."

Thomas Sowell
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Dr. Sowell is a much needed voice of reason. He's quite right about O'Reilly pushing for justice in Norfolk, and within the last day or so a total of 4 out of 5 perps have been arrested. Troubling as it was to hear that 30 people stood around and watched, it took the police dept a month to get to this point.

O'Reilly and Bernie Goldberg discussed the phenom about liberals and media (if there's a difference) wanting to protect blacks and they think that by reporting a lot of this stuff they would give bigots ammunition. It's a horrible thing that so many people assured us that electing Obama would go a long way to heal racial wounds. It hasn't.

O'REILLY: Now this is a serious story. And isn't it amazing -- isn't it amazing that you have the locals trying to spike it and kill it and then the national media won't go near it. What do you attribute that to?

GOLDBERG: Well, let's -- let's take this one step at a time. As you correctly said in the memo, if this were a gang of white people who attacked a young black man and woman, everybody agrees that would be news. But when it was a gang of black people, it wasn't news. Why is that? Well, it must have something to do with the race of the assailants.

So, here is what it is really about, Bill. Here is what it is really about. It goes beyond journalism. It -- it's a much bigger issue. It's about white, usually white liberal paternalism where they say well, we really can't hold black people up to the same standards as we hold white people up to. That's why we are not putting it in the paper. They are different.

So two things happen after that one, the newspaper, the media, they don't want to air that kind of dirty laundry because it's kind of embarrassing to the black community. And, two, they don't want to give ammunition to the bigots who probably would say, you see, that's how they all behave.

Now, look, we hate, we detest the bigots. But a newspaper has a responsibility to cover legitimate news. And if it's news if a white gang beats up a black couple, then it's also news if a black gang beats up a white couple.

O'REILLY: Could you believe this guy Finley the editor of the newspaper said well, I don't know if it was racially motivated. So therefore I'm not going to do anything, I'm not going to assign reporters, I'm not going to try to find out. I mean, is it me? Is it me?
    Link
    Last edited by Gina; 05-16-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

The best part is that the Norfolk media began attacking O'Reilly for reporting on the story.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The best part is that the Norfolk media began attacking O'Reilly for reporting on the story.
    Considering how much time and effort they had spent burying the story and not reporting on it, did you expect them to suddenly have an attack of conscience when he exposed their malfeasance?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yup...gotta attack the messenger to deflect from the message he's carrying.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.