Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 Plea deals often suck 
    Vepr
    Guest
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    I can't believe this woman is sane.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I can't believe this woman is sane.
    The arguement could be made that anyone that commits a murder is not sane.

    Yea plea deals at times seem like a bad deal but in this case the perp saved her life & saved the state a bunch of money and the victums family get a modicum of closure.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-09-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The arguement could be made that anyone that commits a murder is not sane.

    Yea plea deals at times seem like a bad deal but in this case the perp saved her life & saved the state a bunch of money and the victums family get a modicum of closure.
    I disagree. A lot of murders are rational. These were not. Not in the least. You don't methodically kill children and still be considered sane.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I disagree. A lot of murders are rational. These were not. Not in the least. You don't methodically kill children and still be considered sane.
    Child or adult murder no difference it's still murder. The child aspect of it just gets a ,for lack of better word.a more emotional response.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Child or adult murder no difference it's still murder. The child aspect of it just gets a ,for lack of better word.a more emotional response.
    No. You kill a child after you rape him in order to hide the evidence. That is rational. You kill multiple children after killing their mother because....well, that just doesn't make sense. Killing because someone didn't hand over their wallet fast enough..yeah, I can see the rationale in that.

    This one just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

    The state kills all the time. It's rational. It may or may not be wrong. But it's rational.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    No. You kill a child after you rape him in order to hide the evidence. That is rational. You kill multiple children after killing their mother because....well, that just doesn't make sense. Killing because someone didn't hand over their wallet fast enough..yeah, I can see the rationale in that.

    This one just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

    The state kills all the time. It's rational. It may or may not be wrong. But it's rational.
    therein lies the rub. Trying to rationalize irrational behavior with emotional bias tossed in for good measure. A fallibility of us mere mortals.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    No. You kill a child after you rape him in order to hide the evidence. That is rational. You kill multiple children after killing their mother because....well, that just doesn't make sense. Killing because someone didn't hand over their wallet fast enough..yeah, I can see the rationale in that.

    This one just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

    The state kills all the time. It's rational. It may or may not be wrong. But it's rational.
    Have you been drinking again tonight, Sweetie?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    I agree with Philly. This is over-the-top insane. There was nothing even remotely rational about getting the other kids from their father and killing them all.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I agree with Philly. This is over-the-top insane. There was nothing even remotely rational about getting the other kids from their father and killing them all.
    What would you suggest be done with this woman considering your opinion on her mental state?

    Also Zeus made the argument that the state saved a bunch of money. Illinois will spend about 1.5 million supporting her assuming a normal lifespan. I have no idea what her trial and appeals would cost but personally, whatever the cost, I'd want her on a gurney with a needle in her arm.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •