Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    What would you suggest be done with this woman considering your opinion on her mental state?

Also Zeus made the argument that the state saved a bunch of money. Illinois will spend about 1.5 million supporting her assuming a normal lifespan. I have no idea what her trial and appeals would cost but personally, whatever the cost, I'd want her on a gurney with a needle in her arm.
    My personal opinion she should be put down for the animal she is. Given that the State ,the perpetrater & family of the victums are in agreement justice is served. Everyone involved got something out of the deal, The state spared the expense of a trial,the woman saved her life and the family of the victum gets closure.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    therein lies the rub. Trying to rationalize irrational behavior with emotional bias tossed in for good measure. A fallibility of us mere mortals.
    You and I differ. You believe that killing in and of itself is irrational. I do not. Immorality is not inherently irrational. And pointing out irrationality is not emotionally driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You and I differ. You believe that killing in and of itself is irrational. I do not. Immorality is not inherently irrational. And pointing out irrationality is not emotionally driven.
    Not all killing is irrational,for example self defense. I didn't say pointing out irrationality is emotionally driven. I did say it shouldn't matter whether a murder victum was an adult or a child they were still murdered. making the diffentiation is the emotional aspect of it. it's llike scum A murders an adult and the state executes scum A. Scum B murders a child,whats the state to do execute Scum B twice,
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

noonwitch
    She's not going to get a chance to kill anyone else. With an IQ of 70, it's highly unlikely that she will be able to escape from prison, and with that IQ of 70, she's probably not going to be a real difficult inmate once she gets the routine down.

Yet again, the fact that the crimes ocurred in separate instances-killing the mother and baby, then killing the other kids. There's something about that that says "crazy", but also that tells me that perhaps the 70 IQ is a lawyer's attempt to gain sympathy for the poor, crazy, retarded woman. A good daily dose of Depakote should keep her from ever causing too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She's not going to get a chance to kill anyone else. With an IQ of 70, it's highly unlikely that she will be able to escape from prison, and with that IQ of 70, she's probably not going to be a real difficult inmate once she gets the routine down.

Yet again, the fact that the crimes ocurred in separate instances-killing the mother and baby, then killing the other kids. There's something about that that says "crazy", but also that tells me that perhaps the 70 IQ is a lawyer's attempt to gain sympathy for the poor, crazy, retarded woman. A good daily dose of Depakote should keep her from ever causing too much trouble.
    This is what I was thinking. I doubt she is quite that dumb. It took some planning and deception to carry out this crime.

I don't know if she is insane or not but she is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not all killing is irrational,for example self defense. I didn't say pointing out irrationality is emotionally driven. I did say it shouldn't matter whether a murder victum was an adult or a child they were still murdered. making the diffentiation is the emotional aspect of it. it's llike scum A murders an adult and the state executes scum A. Scum B murders a child,whats the state to do execute Scum B twice,
    The reason for the murders is what makes me look at the victims and whether they are adults or children. In this case, there was no rational reason for her to kill the other children. There is even a semi-rational reason to kill the mother if the goal was to get the fetus and call the baby her own. Going after the other children and methodically killing them makes no sense and is what tells me she is not sane. It may appear to be emotional, but it is not. Motive is a very rational process...albeit frequently not moral. This case does not seem to have the earmarks of a rational or sane person.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    What would you suggest be done with this woman considering your opinion on her mental state?

Also Zeus made the argument that the state saved a bunch of money. Illinois will spend about 1.5 million supporting her assuming a normal lifespan. I have no idea what her trial and appeals would cost but personally, whatever the cost, I'd want her on a gurney with a needle in her arm.
    I would like to see her become sane enough to truly regret her actions.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I would like to see her become sane enough to truly regret her actions.
    I think the knowledge of that would drive someone to insanity. It would me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I think the knowledge of that would drive someone to insanity. It would me.
    Yeah, but it's the fairest way to go. She should understand what she's done. It also gives her a chance to regret it enough to repent.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Yeah, but it's the fairest way to go. She should understand what she's done. It also gives her a chance to regret it enough to repent.
    I won't get into the repenting part of it...but honestly, just thinking about the horror of those crimes wreaks havoc on my own brain. I can't imagine having committed any of them.