Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The reason for the murders is what makes me look at the victims and whether they are adults or children. In this case, there was no rational reason for her to kill the other children. There is even a semi-rational reason to kill the mother if the goal was to get the fetus and call the baby her own. Going after the other children and methodically killing them makes no sense and is what tells me she is not sane. It may appear to be emotional, but it is not. Motive is a very rational process...albeit frequently not moral. This case does not seem to have the earmarks of a rational or sane person.
    Bloodlust. Maybe after the first murder she realized what she had done and was inescapably wraught with the situation and her coocoo breaker tripped ??
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I won't get into the repenting part of it...but honestly, just thinking about the horror of those crimes wreaks havoc on my own brain. I can't imagine having committed any of them.
    Yeah. I've only watched one person die. To watch several people die, by my hand, especially children...the stuff of nightmares. But the most insane among us enjoy the "power" given them by the murder of the innocent. Also the stuff of nightmares.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She's not going to get a chance to kill anyone else. With an IQ of 70, it's highly unlikely that she will be able to escape from prison, and with that IQ of 70, she's probably not going to be a real difficult inmate once she gets the routine down.

Yet again, the fact that the crimes ocurred in separate instances-killing the mother and baby, then killing the other kids. There's something about that that says "crazy", but also that tells me that perhaps the 70 IQ is a lawyer's attempt to gain sympathy for the poor, crazy, retarded woman. A good daily dose of Depakote should keep her from ever causing too much trouble.
    With a declared IQ of 70 I think her likelihood of escape increases dramatically with every assessment some psychologist makes. When she makes her break she'll have a bunch of guys in black robes holding the doors open and carrying her bags. While she's waving goodbye, they'll apologize to her for the inconvenience.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.