Thread: Hope n' Change Cartoons Gets It

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hope n' Change Cartoons Gets It 
    Shame that a parody news site has to point out the blatantly obvious and that is that the MSM(minus Fox News) is so in the tank for Obama that it ignores the basic tenets of journalism.

Sadly, the scenario shown in the cartoon is a complete fantasy...and for all the wrong reasons.

Although the mainstream media is perfectly happy to report breathlessly about Mitt Romney's hair-cutting prank which happened 45 years ago, you're unlikely to hear anything about the latest huge pile of decapitated bodies in Mexico... victims of the drug cartels like those armed by Barack Obama's oddly-named "Justice" Department.

And perhaps the reason we're not hearing about the drug cartels is because it might remind the American public that the whole "Fast & Furious" gun-smuggling fiasco has been swept under a rug by Barack Obama and Eric Holder without any answers. And that's a growing phenomenon which bothers Hope n' Change deeply.

Specifically, our alleged "news" organizations now routinely drop stories not because they've been resolved, but simply because their 15 minutes in the spotlight is up and it's time to move on to something - anything - to entertain and distract a dimwitted and memory-impaired populace.

Think about it: when was the last time you heard any story embarrassing to the Obama administration pursued to an actual conclusion? Have we heard who's to blame for the wretched spending excesses and lavish Las Vegas parties of the GSA? Is the media updating us regularly with reports of how it was possible for the Secret Service to turn into "Guys Gone Wild?" Or who in the government leaked the top secret details of the undercover "underwear bomber" operation, severely compromising international intelligence-gathering operations?

And of course, the media ignores the little matter of Eric Holder refusing to produce documents to congress about "Fast and Furious" which might reveal whether the program's stealth goal was to institute tougher anti-gun measures in the United States...but does find time to praise him for making a speech to the NAACP about Trayvon Martin and (surprise!) the need to institute tougher anti-gun measures in the United States.

The abject failure of American journalism isn't news to readers of Hope n' Change Cartoons. We've bemoaned the abysmal state of the mainstream media many times in the past. You're probably sick of hearing about it, and we're certainly weary of watching things go from bad to worse.

But unlike the news media, we just can't let go of such a serious issue until there is some genuine resolution and we return to a time when public officials will be held accountable for their actions and misdeeds.

We just wish we could believe that someday, somehow, it will actually happen. Link
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    ... you're unlikely to hear anything about the latest huge pile of decapitated bodies in Mexico...
    NPR did a report on it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So what you're saying is that 25 more people heard about it. Why don't you stop trying to be snarky and explain to the class why the other networks don't report this stuff. Also, why don't they ever follow up? That's the crux of the Hope/Change article.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

So what you're saying is that 25 more people heard about it. Why don't you stop trying to be snarky ...
    Funny.

And I wasn't being snarky (unlike you).

... and explain to the class why the other networks don't report this stuff.
    Beats me. I don't watch that crap.

Also, why don't they ever follow up? That's the crux of the Hope/Change article .
    No it wasn't. The "crux" is the same old propaganda line repeated over and over again about the Media in order to maintain the cult impression that nothing other than approved sources can be trusted. And yes, it is exactly like a cult.

So instead of getting your panties in a wad, realize you were fed bullshit and move on.

Funny.

And I wasn't being snarky (unlike you).

Beats me. I don't watch that crap.

No it wasn't. The "crux" is the same old propaganda line repeated over and over again about the Media in order to maintain the cult impression that nothing other than approved sources can be trusted. And yes, it is exactly like a cult.

So instead of getting your panties in a wad, realize you were fed bullshit and move on.
    OK, what about the above is bullshit. I'll wait.

OK, what about the above is bullshit. I'll wait.
    It was shown in my first response to this thread; there is reporting on the Mexican cartels and their violence. In that instance, the specific event mentioned. There is more, though.

It was shown in my first response to this thread; there is reporting on the Mexican cartels and their violence. In that instance, the specific event mentioned. There is more, though.
    I figured you'd dance around this. We're done here. Go troll somewhere else.

I figured you'd dance around this.
    Dance around? I flat out told you.

We're done here. Go troll somewhere else.
    Willful ignorance used to puzzle me. Now, I understand it a lot better.

The media plays on our inability to focus. That's why when you have endless arms sales to Mexican drug gangs, 15% unemployment, and a 2 trillion dollar deficit, they throw a shiny object out like Romney's teenage bullying, gay marriage, and that the stimulus funded penis studies.

Attention deficit Democracy is an apt term.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Dance around? I flat out told you.

Willful ignorance used to puzzle me. Now, I understand it a lot better.
    You flat out told me shit. You brought up that one singular medium that a small % of people even no exist let alone listens to that brought up a particular news story. Even the web site mentions that the MSM mentions certain stories. What their point is that while the Romney "bullying" story remains front page news, Fast&Furious, the Secret Service hooker scandal, etc are either put on the back pages of the Metro section or swept under the rug completely. Why no pursuit of the truth behind these things? The reason is clear and that is because further pursuing these things might hurt Obama's chance at re-election. Had these things happened under Bush, rest assured the media would have pursued these things with the tenacity of a shark going after a wounded fish. So I ask again, where in this is it simply propaganda? Of course you'll just dance around this and give back a snarky answer. Oh, and rest assured that the headless bodies story will go away as well.