Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My friend shot his mother on Mother's Day 
    titaniumsalute Tue May 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Sad and Confused...My friend shot his mother on Mother's Day
    No this isn't a headline to shock or get your attention. A dear friend of 15 years shot and killed his mother on Mother's Day. He then took a handful of pills and tried to commit suicide. Although he was unsuccessful in killing himself, he will most likely never come out of the coma he's now facing.

Although this sounds awful, and it is, there is a back story. My friend has been caring for two ailing parents for 10 years. His father died two years ago. His mother, suffering 9 years of dementia, has had almost no memory for the past six years.

I was almost believing it until this:
    Why does this happen in the most powerful nation in the world? Actually HOW does this fucking happen? When I hear Republicans calling for cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc. this kind of awful scenario will play out even more. It is sickening.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002690626

Have to agree that this is a very big bouncy. Now, considering the nature of the incident and the day it was on, wouldn't you think there would be some mention of it on the local news at the least? Well, out of curiosity, I googled "Man kills mother on Mother's Day then attemps to commit suicide" and guess what? The only thing matching that came up was a link to the DUmmy's thread.

Gee what a surprise [/sarcasm]

Dummys lie...they lie all the time and this is no exception.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sorry I stopped believing when he said he tried to kill himself with pills, if you have the balls to cap your own mother I'm pretty sure its not a stretch to put one in your own head.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Sorry I stopped believing when he said he tried to kill himself with pills, if you have the balls to cap your own mother I'm pretty sure its not a stretch to put one in your own head.

Exactly. They do love making shit up.
    May the FORCE be with you!

titaniumsalute

A dear friend...My friend has had no life except caring for his parents for a decade. He hasn't had a date, a trip to the movies, a walk in the park.
    You're a "dear friend" and you can't offer to sit with your friend's mom for an hour so he can have a walk in the park?

For Christmas you can't give him a gift of hiring a professional to sit with his mother for a day and then take him to dinner and a movie?

Is the fact that you're an insensitive prick also the fault of the Republicans? Because you can't find the time, money or general compassion to help a dear friend of 15 years that is somehow my fault?

I don't believe a word of your bullshit but I do believe you are an incredibly terrible human being.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You're a "dear friend" and you can't offer to sit with your friend's mom for an hour so he can have a walk in the park?

For Christmas you can't give him a gift of hiring a professional to sit with his mother for a day and then take him to dinner and a movie?

Is the fact that you're an insensitive prick also the fault of the Republicans? Because you can't find the time, money or general compassion to help a dear friend of 15 years that is somehow my fault?

I don't believe a word of your bullshit but I do believe you are an incredibly terrible human being.
    If the story is true that would make the story teller a total douche bag.

Sickens me that these people have to stoop to this bullcrap. Sad thing is they don't think they're doing anything wrong. Oh, and for the record, Obama has already screwed with Medicare.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

JB: Get out of my head!

You expressed it very eloquently.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Barack Obama inherited murder-suicides from a previous administration.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

Plus, taking pills is such a girl thing to do, like cutting wrists. Men tend to choose more final methods.