Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Iron Man III Villian? 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    With production only a few weeks away, the cast is firming up for director Shane Black’s Iron Man 3. Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Don Cheadle are all set to return for the third installment of the Iron Man franchise, with Sir Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, and Rebecca Hall rounding out the newcomers of the cast. Now one more Marvel newbie has been added in a particularly interesting role, as Variety reports that James Badge Dale (The Pacific) has joined the cast as Eric Savin aka Coldblood.
    The production working title is "Caged Heat"

Coldblood is a cyborg. Who has been a long term enemy of Ironman.

Powers and abilities

Eric Savin was converted into the cyborg Coldblood-7 by Dr. Gina Dyson and other Project: Ultra-Tech surgeons following designs by Mako. This gave him superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability, and enhanced sensory systems. Coldblood also has the ability to interface with virtually any computer system, and, by mentally entering "cyberspace," to communicate with such systems. He has a wetware-grafted computer grafted to his organic brain, a plasti-steel-reinforced skeleton, an artificial heart, synthetic hemoglobin, and artificial right eye, and artificial limbs. The right half of his face is an armored cybernetic implant. The organic portion of Coldblood's body still requires food, drink, oxygen and sleep. His in-built computer requires a recharge of electricity every twelve months of active service. The portion of Coldblood's organic brain that controls personal memories was removed during surgery that made him into a cyborg.

Coldblood wears body armor and uses conventional firearms, including a .357 automatic gun implanted in his artificial left hand. Mako and Project: Ultra-Tech also specially designed a high speed automobile for him, with built-in guns, which can be remote controlled by a device in Coldblood's left wrist.

Coldblood is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, highly trained in commando fighting, and is a superb marksman with conventional firearms.

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    ColdBlood??? WTF is that???

Where is IronMans arch enemy "The Mandarin"

May the FORCE be with you!

Speaking of Iron Man, RDJ is looking at about a $50 million payday for The Avengers.....

Robert Downey Jr. may pocket Marvel-ous $50M for 'Avengers'

Marvel’s "The Avengers" is a global box-office sensation, but among studio executives, it’s being hailed as much as a triumph of smart dealmaking. After all, the famously frugal Marvel managed to corral six hot stars into one film without breaking the bank. But Robert Downey Jr., 47, seems to be the lone exception to Marvel’s strict cost controls.

According to multiple knowledgeable sources, Iron Man/Tony Stark is set for a highflying payday of about $50 million once box-office bonuses and backend compensation are factored in. (Two sources claim the number could go higher than $50 million once the ultimate box-office haul of "Avengers" is known, but another cautions that it could be years before the final number is known.) While on par with the upper echelon of franchise movie stars, that number blows away his superhero co-stars, all of whom will make a small fraction of Downey’s total, even as "Avengers" has a shot at topping the final "Harry Potter" film’s $1.32 billion global haul.

Why the difference? When Marvel’s "Iron Man" grossed a surprising $585 million worldwide in 2008, Downey’s reps at CAA and the Hansen Jacobson law firm renegotiated a deal to include what multiple sources say is a slice of Marvel’s revenue from future movies in which he plays Iron Man (one source puts it in the 5 percent to 7 percent range; another source disputes the percentage. Marvel and Downey’s reps declined comment).

As Marvel launched other hero pics that would lead up to "Avengers," the studio struck hard bargains. Two sources say Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo all signed on for small upfront fees and ultimately will make about $2 million to $3 million on "Avengers" with bonuses. Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson, who signed deals to pop up in several Marvel movies, are said to be making about twice that for "Avengers" with bonuses.

"Avengers" has become a global Goliath, passing the $1 billion milestone in just 19 days. If it passes the $1.32 billion of 2011's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2," "Avengers" would become the third-highest-grossing film of all time, behind only James Cameron's double-whammy of "Avatar" ($2.8 billion) and "Titanic" ($2.2 billion, including grosses from the recent re-release). The Marvel film is distributed by Disney, which purchased the independent studio in 2009 for $4.3 billion. While Downey’s pay might seem high, it's not unheard of for stars with backend to collect super-rich paydays when their films become global smashes. Johnny Depp is said to have made at least $250 million from the four "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, and Forbes reported that director Michael Bay took home $80 million from the first "Transformers." (He likely made more than that for the sequels.)

At those rates, Downey almost seems cheap.
    Link
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    ColdBlood??? WTF is that???

Where is IronMans arch enemy "The Mandarin"

That's who Ben Kingsley is going to be playing. Coldblood will probably be muscle.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Speaking of Iron Man, RDJ is looking at about a $50 million payday for The Avengers.....

Link
    And OWS will be at his doorstep demanding that he "spread the wealth". Well, probably now. Funny how Hollywood is left completely alone even though the cast of The Avengers make more money off of that one picture than the CEO's they hate would make in 10 years.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And OWS will be at his doorstep demanding that he "spread the wealth". Well, probably now. Funny how Hollywood is left completely alone even though the cast of The Avengers make more money off of that one picture than the CEO's they hate would make in 10 years.
    Downey might actually get protested, since he's something of a conservative. But I've often suggested that Hollywood stars who lament income inequity should divide up their paychecks among the rest of the cast and crew in the interest of "fairness". I have also suggested that since there's a right to legal counsel in our justice system, that all legal services should be provided by a single payer, i.e., the government, with all fees determined by a board made up of non-lawyers, who would be more objective about the fair rates for payment. Funny how the lawyers that I know didn't like that idea...

Getting back to Iron Man, Whiplash was never that important to the Iron Man canon, so I wondered why he was used in the second movie, when they just as easily could have made him the Crimson Dynamo, who was a much more iconic villain.

If they are going to do a Thanos story arc in Avengers, I wonder if they will bring the Kree-Skrull War into it. The Chitauri were the Ultimates version of the Skrulls, after all.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Getting back to Iron Man, Whiplash was never that important to the Iron Man canon, so I wondered why he was used in the second movie, when they just as easily could have made him the Crimson Dynamo, who was a much more iconic villain.

If they are going to do a Thanos story arc in Avengers, I wonder if they will bring the Kree-Skrull War into it. The Chitauri were the Ultimates version of the Skrulls, after all.
    I think they went with Whiplash more then Crimson Dynamo because C.D. would have looked too much like the hulking mechine Ironman fought in the first movie. Whiplash gave them that option of some thing different.

On the Kree-Shrull thing. Part of what I read on the Avengers why the Skrull were not used in that movie was because of licencing problems with Disney/Marvel. So went the other way.
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think they went with Whiplash more then Crimson Dynamo because C.D. would have looked too much like the hulking mechine Ironman fought in the first movie. Whiplash gave them that option of some thing different.

On the Kree-Shrull thing. Part of what I read on the Avengers why the Skrull were not used in that movie was because of licencing problems with Disney/Marvel. So went the other way.
    I don't see how licensing would be a problem, since Disney owns Marvel. I think that it was more in the line of following the Ultimates storyline, rather than the classic Avengers one. Certainly, casting Samuel L. Jackson as Fury was a nod to the Ultimates (Bryan Hitch was clearly drawing him as the character in the first series, and there's even a joke about it that leads to Banner hulking out because he doesn't like the idea of being played by Steve Buscemi).

Now, if they are really smart, they'll get a good horror director to do a really dark Dr. Strange movie.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Some interesting pics being leaked out of the new movie.

For those of you familiar with the comics. That is Iron Patriot.

Which is more interesting. Iron Patriot was created by, and solely worn by Norman Osborn. (AKA Green Goblin).

Now this raises some interesting questions. Sony owns just about any thing Spider-man when it comes to movies. And Osborn is defiantly spider-man.

So are they going to re-create Iron Patriot as some one else. Or are they continuing with the Avenger's line-up and worked out a deal with Sony.

Keep in mind, Spider-man was part of the team that defeated Thanos in the comics.

So is this with a reboot of Spider-man being completed, a tie-in for Spider-man to join the team against Thanos?
    Rest In Peace America

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Spidey apparently made a cameo in The Avengers, so the Sony-Disney thing with the Marvel characters could be more fluid. On top of that, the only reason The Amazing Spider-Man was made because Sony was contractually obligated to make a 4th Spider-Man movie and since Sam Rami quit/was fired from the project they rebooted it. When the Spider-Man rights revert back to Marvel I'm not sure but it could be sooner than later now that the 4th Spider-Man movie is done (pure speculation on my part)

btw, here is a rumor on how it all ties together via Io9.com and slashflim.com
    http://io9.com/5914482/secrets-of-ir...or-whos-future

Iron Man 3

There's a new report out claiming to explain just how the movie's three villains fit together. First up, according to these reports, Ben Kingsley is indeed playing the Mandarin, despite Marvel's constant denials and director Shane Black going so far as to call the character kind of racist. However, he apparently isn't the main villain, with him instead being simply the power behindMemento star Guy Pearce, who will play the primary antagonist Aldrich Killian, who unleashes the Extremis nanotechnology army. Backing them up will be the relatively minor Firepower, played by Ashely Hamilton, and the recently spotted James Badge Dale as Iron Patriot. It should be stressed that none of this is even remotely confirmed, but it all seems plausible enough, as long as you buy the whole Mandarin rumor.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/iron-man-3-villains/

Latino Review
    says it can confirm that “The Mandarin is played by Ben Kingsley and [is] a villain in the movie despite Marvel’s continued insistence that he’s not.”The site also says that Kingsley isn’t the primary, or the most active baddie in the film. That’s Guy Pearce, who we know is playing Aldrich Killian. He’s backed by the Mandarin, but is the real architect of the nanotech ‘Extremis army’ that will likely include Coldblood (Dale) and Firepower (Hamilton).LR is pretty confident about this info, and the site was among the first to report that Loki was the villain in The Avengers, even as Marvel denied that fact. But just as there were a good many rumors about The Avengers that turned out to be completely false, we’ll still hear some wrong reports about Iron Man 3 in the months to come. I’m hoping this one is on the money, because Guy Pearce playing the prime baddie in a Shane Black film is something I really want to see.
    Update:
    In addition to the above,
    ComingSoon
    says the red white and blue ‘Iron Patriot’ armor will be in the film, though we don’t know if it will be worn by Tony Stark, Rhodey, or someone else. The armor appeared in the wake of Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ storyline, and was originally worn by Norman Osborn as a suit meant to reflect both Iron Man and Captain America. Marvel Studios can’t use Osborn (he’s at Sony, with the Spider-Man rights package) so if CS is correct and the armor is in this film, some other character will have to wear it.
    though from this article, Sony still owns the Spidey rights
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry