Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Spidey didn't make a cameo in the Avengers. Despite rumors. But the actor says he wants to be in Avengers 2.

James Badge Dale as Iron Patriot is confirmed. The photos show him. It would be interesting if Sony gives the rights back so Spidey could be in the lineup. But then would we be faced with another reboot?

Mandarin ... I hope not. It would be just a bad move. He's such a campy villain.

Firepower.. We could claim he was shown in Ironman 2. So I could see him. Firepower was part of the Gov. attempt to create their own power-suit.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I don't see how licensing would be a problem, since Disney owns Marvel. I think that it was more in the line of following the Ultimates storyline, rather than the classic Avengers one. Certainly, casting Samuel L. Jackson as Fury was a nod to the Ultimates (Bryan Hitch was clearly drawing him as the character in the first series, and there's even a joke about it that leads to Banner hulking out because he doesn't like the idea of being played by Steve Buscemi).

Now, if they are really smart, they'll get a good horror director to do a really dark Dr. Strange movie.
    What do I have to do with it?!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What do I have to do with it?!
    See below.

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Spidey apparently made a cameo in The Avengers, so the Sony-Disney thing with the Marvel characters could be more fluid. On top of that, the only reason The Amazing Spider-Man was made because Sony was contractually obligated to make a 4th Spider-Man movie and since Sam Rami quit/was fired from the project they rebooted it. When the Spider-Man rights revert back to Marvel I'm not sure but it could be sooner than later now that the 4th Spider-Man movie is done (pure speculation on my part)

btw, here is a rumor on how it all ties together via Io9.com and slashflim.com

though from this article, Sony still owns the Spidey rights
    Just reading some of the comic news and its looking more interesting.

Here’s the story – last week, The Amazing Spider-Man’s production designer J Michael Riva (he passed away recently after suffering a stroke at the age of 63). Not only did he design the Oscorp Tower for ASM, but he has a staggering resume of awesomeness including The Goonies, The Color Purple, A Few Good Men, Congo, Evolution, and the upcoming Django Unchained.

Oh – And the Iron Man movies.

That design overlap, and the stunning look of the Oscorp Tower (seriously stunning) was enough for Marvel Studios and Sony to have the discussion about inserting Oscorp into The Avengers skyline. The Unified Marvel Manhattan Skyline almost existed.

By the time the Oscorp building was fully designed, The Avengers digital Manhattan was already basically rendered and there was some up-conversion that needed to go down, so – for timing – it was scrapped.

BUT – Sony and Disney were going to let this happen. THAT’s the key thing here. Timing just didn’t work out.
    Now this is not really backed up with hard facts. But if true. Then we could see Sony allowing Spider-man into the movie lineup. Maybe even a teaming up of sorts to produce some of the other Avenger char's.

Marvel Studios has said they intend to do about 2 a year. But with the lineup they have. There is no way to do all they want. But by turning over some of the work to Sony. They could do more of the lineup. Say handing Ant-man over to Sony. Or allowing them to do Black Panther. In return, Sony would allow Spider-man to be in the Avenger's line-up.
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Downey might actually get protested, since he's something of a conservative. But I've often suggested that Hollywood stars who lament income inequity should divide up their paychecks among the rest of the cast and crew in the interest of "fairness". I have also suggested that since there's a right to legal counsel in our justice system, that all legal services should be provided by a single payer, i.e., the government, with all fees determined by a board made up of non-lawyers, who would be more objective about the fair rates for payment. Funny how the lawyers that I know didn't like that idea...
    I expect ALL liberals will get behind this. I mean, them being so ideologically pure and all. Waht say you resident liberals???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Interesting news coming out.

Marvel’s “Secret Project” with Ben Kingsley, Revealed! -

Earlier this month, we reported that Ben Kingsley who played The Mandarin in Iron Man 3, revealed that he was reteaming with some of the crew from the film for what he called a “secret project.” Well now apparently that “secret project” has been revealed.

When we first reported the news, speculation was that the “secret project” Ben Kingsley was doing, could be for a mid-credit scene, possibly an appearance on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., or a possible one-shot.

Well according to Latino Review, it’s a one-shot. Which means a short film that is a self-contained story.If you haven’t seen Iron Man 3, beware of the following spoilers.

At the end of Iron Man 3, Tony Stark busts into the secret facilities of the international terrorist, The Mandarin. Stark then discovers that The Mandarin is just a front for Starks rival, Aldrich Killian. The Mandarin turns out to be a drug-addled actor named Trevor Slattery.

Now Latino Review is reporting that in this Marvel one-shot, “The REAL Mandarin” is furious at Killian & Slattery for making a mockery of his name & legacy. & the real Mandarin is looking to “set the record straight.”

So if this is in fact true, it may make some of the fans that were disappointed by the overall appearance of The Mandarin in Iron Man 3, a bit happier.
    Rest In Peace America

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HA!!! Good!
    May the FORCE be with you!