Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actual, incredibly irresponsible and sensationalistic headline from the article:

50+ Professors & Staff Resign From Christian University After Refusing to Sign Homosexuality Pledge

But it's not a homo pledge. It asks them not to have pre-marital sex (hetero or homo), commit adultery and not drink alcohol in front of the students.

To frame this as a homosexual bashing is completely irresponsible. Keep crying wolf douchebags.
    Be Not Afraid.

What do you expect? The media to tell the truth about Christians?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That may be their right but no man owns me because of a job.
    Tis absolutely true but they do have the right to protect their company name and they don't owe you a job.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Tis absolutely true but they do have the right to protect their company name and they don't owe you a job.
    I was looking through my post and I can't find where I said they did.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I think you misunderstand me here Zeus, I don't argue with it being the companies right.
    If you own a company you should have the right to hire and fire at will, I' also have the right to stay away from companies that choose to delve deeply into my private business.
    I have seen companies that require these pledges, don't forget I live in Tulsa OK.
    We have Oral Roberts university, Kennith Hagen ministries and countless others in Tulsa.
    They don't stop with the signed pledge, they are over your shoulder in every other aspect and detail in your life, it becomes a problem with some of them if you are not going to and tithing to their church.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    many of the fortune 500 companies have "morals" clauses in their employment contracts for the upper echelon of employees. Have to protect the company name.
    I have heard that ABC/ Disney requires it's stars to sign one-obviously not one that addresses sexual orientation, but one that addresses alcohol and substance abuse, public behavior, etc. Lindsay Lohan will probably never work for them again, for that reason. She won't even be able to get the mom roles when they re-make her movies in the future (which were of course remakes of Disney's movies from the 60s).

That may be their right but no man owns me because of a job.
    We're on the same page, Rock.

I think you misunderstand me here Zeus, I don't argue with it being the companies right.
    If you own a company you should have the right to hire and fire at will, I' also have the right to stay away from companies that choose to delve deeply into my private business.
    I have seen companies that require these pledges, don't forget I live in Tulsa OK.
    We have Oral Roberts university, Kennith Hagen ministries and countless others in Tulsa.
    They don't stop with the signed pledge, they are over your shoulder in every other aspect and detail in your life, it becomes a problem with some of them if you are not going to and tithing to their church.
    I understand what you are saying I was just simply stating that in the same regard that a company doesn't own an employee they don't owe the employee. Other than mutually agreed upon performance standards & measures.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Eh. If they aren't subject to UCMJ, they have nothing to complain about.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Eh. If they aren't subject to UCMJ, they have nothing to complain about.
    Ody ...

I looked up UCMJ ... and it stands for, for the "folks in Rio Linda" ... Uniform Code of Military Justice.

I swear, thanks to you and my Vince Flynn's books, I am getting to know more and more "acronyms" than you can shake sticks at!

Only problem is ... now after looking it up, I forget what I came in to say! Rats! ...

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980