Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My new strategy for dealing with online wing nuts 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    MrScorpio tells em!!!

Thu May 17, 2012, 06:16 PM
    MrScorpio

My new strategy for dealing with online wing nuts: Telling them that they're full of shit

That's pretty much it.

I rarely go after wing nut comments, looking for a fight. Usually the wing nuts come after me after I've posted something in a comment section. Before, I used to give them a wall of words as a reply. A huge, poly-syllabic onslaught of facts, with a healthy dose of sarcasm thrown in just to spice it up a bit. Like idiots, they kept it up, which resulted in long, tiresome battles. These were pointless marathon sessions.

So now, I've decide to try something completely different: Dismissal.

No more long essays, filled with point-by-point facts. I just simply tell them that I DON'T BELIEVE THEM.

No more debates. I just simply tell them that THEY'RE NOT CONVINCING ME OF ANYTHING.

I don't call them stupid (Even if they are), I just don't give their lack of smarts any respect; I call them racist (even if they're loathe to admit it), even better when they're calling the President a "racist" themselves (how ironic); I tell them that I doubt that any woman would give it up to them (that's strictly for the misogynists); and when their logic is left exposed, I use their own words against them (mockingly).

Results: They've actually SHUT THE FUCK UP! Several No Replies on Yahoo and another asshole couldn't handle it because, like a fucking coward, he blocked my from replying on his You Tube vid.

BOOYAH!

This is freedom from "Freedumb", baby.

What a breath of fresh air.
    SO THERE!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

This is great stuff. Liberals are so stupid. Just like Barry has been hanging himself with his own words, Scorpuke does the same thing.

ie:
    MrScorpio (50,326 posts)

I used to give them a wall of words as a reply. A huge, poly-syllabic onslaught...which resulted in long, tiresome battles. These were pointless marathon sessions.

No Replies on Yahoo...and he blocked my from replying on his You Tube vid.
    50k posts on DU.
    Long winding marathon posting sessions on some unnamed messageboard.
    Posts on Yahoo.
    Posts on Youtube.

Scorpio...time to leave Mama's basement dude.

How can anyone have time for anything else with all that posting?
    Be Not Afraid.

My new strategy for dealing with online wing nuts: Telling them that they're full of shit
    Translated: I've run out of talking points.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

So he tells them they couldn't get laid and they run away?

Your real and obvious strategy for dealing with people who disagree with you Scorpio dude is to hide out in a place where people who believe differently than you are not allowed.

That's a pretty compelling strategy there ScorpiNUT. It sure beats your previous "Nah, nah, nah" with your fingers in your ears.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    That's a pretty compelling strategy there ScorpiNUT. It sure beats your previous "Nah, nah, nah" with your fingers in your ears.
    Where have you been Hampat?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Just got back from 6 weeks in Panama.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

That sounds pretty cool, if you shot any pictures post a thread.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Business or pleasure?

What the DUmmie is saying is that he's tired of having his arguments blown out of the water, so he's going to simply cut to the chase and start the namecalling up front, instead of waiting until he has exhausted all other arguments. Of course, that won't go with the new civility that Obama keeps talking about, but then, nothing that they do seems to.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That sounds pretty cool, if you shot any pictures post a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Business or pleasure?

What the DUmmie is saying is that he's tired of having his arguments blown out of the water, so he's going to simply cut to the chase and start the namecalling up front, instead of waiting until he has exhausted all other arguments. Of course, that won't go with the new civility that Obama keeps talking about, but then, nothing that they do seems to.
    My BIL is a reporter there and took photos. Most are on FB but I will look and see what I can come up with.
    \
    The trip was bus/pleasure. I went to meet my inlaws and build a church. I also exported my Jeep over there. Whew! I don't believe I will self flagellate like that again.

I ended up staying longer than planned to finalize some admin junk. NOTHING is done quickly or effeciently in Panama.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand