Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 WI gives me that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    But I thought the WI Recall was a DUmmie Lock???

Fri May 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
    ananda

WI gives me that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It's that awful horrible feeling that Wisconsin represents a great rightwing corporate coup
    which serves as a harbinger for the rest of the country and probably the world.

I'm just sick to my stomach.

I simply can't stand to read the news each day that Walker is leading, gaining ground, etc.
    This is so astounding considering the amount of damage he's done and will do, and how
    other states will fall victim as well because this was the test case.
    I mean all those protestors from different states and such...you mean they can't vote too????
    How unfair is that????
    May the FORCE be with you!

Recalls don't work all that often-the one in California that gave them the Governator was a rarity.

They tried a recall Snyder drive in Michigan, sponsored by unions, and they didn't' get enough signatures to get it on the ballot.

This must be killing the libs

Not that we expect the clowns and criminals who run state government in neighboring Illinois to care, but we do hope, for a moment at least, they cast their collective gaze north of the border to Wisconsin.
    Something is happening there that Illinois’ governor and most of its legislators no doubt will hardly be able to grasp. Ditto for legislators in California, New York and other fiscally dysfunctional states.

Wisconsin recently has been holding down spending and taxes, and the state has gone from a budget deficit of more than $3 billion to a projected budget surplus.

Imagine! Setting spending priorities and stopping further raids on the pocketbooks of businesses and individuals has achieved what more spending and higher taxes could not.
    Whole story here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Recalls don't work all that often-the one in California that gave them the Governator was a rarity.

They tried a recall Snyder drive in Michigan, sponsored by unions, and they didn't' get enough signatures to get it on the ballot.
    Recalls generally have to have a real reason. In the case of Gray Davis, he had managed to bring the state to the brink of bankruptcy within a year of taking office, screwed up the electrical utilities to the point where rolling blackouts became the norm. His blatant incompetence and malfeasance built up a massive groundswell of opposition which wasn't driven by a few entrenched interests.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Recalls generally have to have a real reason. In the case of Gray Davis, he had managed to bring the state to the brink of bankruptcy within a year of taking office, screwed up the electrical utilities to the point where rolling blackouts became the norm. His blatant incompetence and malfeasance built up a massive groundswell of opposition which wasn't driven by a few entrenched interests.
    Or in the case of Gov. Ev Mecham of Arizona, who made the state a laughingstock nationwide, with his foot in mouth disease
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Of course you have a sinking feeling. DUmmies and success stories do not go together. It's fewer people to share in your misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

From what I understand, CA's auto registration fees at the time were somewhere around $800 a year. That would be enough for me to vote for the terminator.

Mine are around $75, and will slowly lower as my car ages, and end up at around $55 in about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    From what I understand, CA's auto registration fees at the time were somewhere around $800 a year. That would be enough for me to vote for the terminator.

Mine are around $75, and will slowly lower as my car ages, and end up at around $55 in about 5 years.
    800 a year and I'd be looking for a rope!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    800 a year and I'd be looking for a rope!
    More like pitch forks and torches

WI gives me that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
    You better update your will. November is not going to be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This must be killing the libs:

Wisconsin recently has been holding down spending and taxes, and the state has gone from a budget deficit of more than $3 billion to a projected budget surplus.

Imagine! Setting spending priorities and stopping further raids on the pocketbooks of businesses and individuals has achieved what more spending and higher taxes could not.
    This needed reposting. It should be reposted everyday until someone finally gets it.
    Be Not Afraid.