1. #1 Reusable bags blamed for norovirus outbreak 
    Reusable grocery bags can infect people with the norovirus, which yearly hospitalizes 800,000 people and kills another 800, a infectious virus that causes severe vomiting and diarrhea.
    And as more cities like Los Angeles try to ban plastic grocery bags, reusable grocery bags will be more omnipresent in these cities, causing greater public health dangers.
    A study will be published this week in The Journal of Infectious Diseases that solves the mystery of how a “a nasty outbreak of norovirus infections in a group of soccer players” left a soccer team ill.
    The culprit was a reusable grocery bag, exactly like the ones people will have to use if more cities decide to ban plastic grocery bags.
    The study found that the reusable grocery bag that infected the soccer players were contaminated with “the perfect pathogens.” More disturbing, though, was the reusable grocery bags could transfer the norovirus without person-to-person contact. ...
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...rus-Infections

I never did the reusable grocery bag thing. I re-use my bags paper basket liners, wet swimsuit containers, and to bring Diet Coke into work, since all we have is a Pepsi machine here.

Now that someone did get sick from them, it makes sense that a re-usable bag could spread disease. It's not like people wash them, like I wash my tote bags once in a while.

Only more reason for the libs to want universal healthcare... maybe?
    lol

The whole grocery bag story is hilarious. For those old enough to remember, it was the environmentalist wackos that insisted back in the days of yore that grocery stores convert to plastic rather than paper to save the trees. What resulted was a choice between paper and plastic being offered and inquired at the checkout. At the end of the day, many people chose both, so the chainsaws kept running and plastic bags flew around the pristine wilderness killing wildlife like synthetic jellyfish of death. Now those same druid geniuses want to get rid of both and have us lugging canvas sacks full of salmonella and E coli into the grocery stores like a bunch of pack mules.

What the environment is most threatened by is the depletion of fertile topsoil, so I would submit that we could remedy that best by turning environmentalist wackos into fertilizer. God damned morons.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The whole grocery bag story is hilarious. For those old enough to remember, it was the environmentalist wackos that insisted back in the days of yore that grocery stores convert to plastic rather than paper to save the trees. What resulted was a choice between paper and plastic being offered and inquired at the checkout. At the end of the day, many people chose both, so the chainsaws kept running and plastic bags flew around the pristine wilderness killing wildlife like synthetic jellyfish of death. Now those same druid geniuses want to get rid of both and have us lugging canvas sacks full of salmonella and E coli into the grocery stores like a bunch of pack mules.

What the environment is most threatened by is the depletion of fertile topsoil, so I would submit that we could remedy that best by turning environmentalist wackos into fertilizer. God damned morons.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

LMAO. Why are liberals always on the wrong side of everything? Do they work at it or does it just come naturally?

Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape

What resulted was a choice between paper and plastic being offered and inquired at the checkout. At the end of the day, many people chose both...
    Still happens. The old plastic bag used as handles for the paper bag inside. Just saw it today as a matter of fact.

I am environmentally conscious however. I just double bag the plastic so it doesn't rip as I carry my stuff to the house.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    LMAO. Why are liberals always on the wrong side of everything? Do they work at it or does it just come naturally?

Still happens. The old plastic bag used as handles for the paper bag inside. Just saw it today as a matter of fact.

I am environmentally conscious however. I just double bag the plastic so it doesn't rip as I carry my stuff to the house.

Me too. Folding bags is women's work.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Me too. Folding bags is women's work.
    You didn't say women ARE bags so I think that's a good thing.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.