Thread: So???

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Wasn't there something on the news about one of the owners renouncing citizenship? if that is so it may be why they are doing it.
    Yes, but people are saying it's because he didn't want to pay US taxes once the IPO takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Yes, but people are saying it's because he didn't want to pay US taxes once the IPO takes off.
    The libs are really vilifying him for that, he is supposed to just hand his money over so they can redistribute it to their supporters.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I didn't buy much of it. I can sleep well at night. I normally stick with blue chips and gold. But I wanted a piece of the action. I'm not shorting the stock any time soon. Facebook doesn't sell a product, but it provides a service. A service of advertisement which is a big business. As long as advertisers continue to use FB, they will prosper.
    Trust me, they are going to need to really, really prosper just to justify their current price when they have really, really prospered.

Co..........Market Cap
    Boeing: $51.80 billion
    Disney: $78.30 billion
    Facebook: $104.63 billion
    Intel: $131.16 billion
    Google: $195.73 billion
    GE: $200.63 billion
    Walmart: $212.55 billiion
    IBM: $225.94 billion
    Microsoft: $245.89 billion
    Apple: $495.94 billion

If you can look at that tiny sample and not see the problem, then I wish you good luck. Really.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

FB just got slammed with a 16 billion privacy lawsuit from a couple of California lawyers on it's IPO day...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57437060-93/facebook-sued-for-$15-billion-over-alleged-privacy-infractions/
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 05-18-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Trust me, they are going to need to really, really prosper just to justify their current price when they have really, really prospered.

Co..........Market Cap
    Boeing: $51.80 billion
    Disney: $78.30 billion
    Facebook: $104.63 billion
    Intel: $131.16 billion
    Google: $195.73 billion
    GE: $200.63 billion
    Walmart: $212.55 billiion
    IBM: $225.94 billion
    Microsoft: $245.89 billion
    Apple: $495.94 billion

If you can look at that tiny sample and not see the problem, then I wish you good luck. Really.
    I understand that you wouldn't buy the stock. Let's talk about this in a year and one of us can say "I told you so" to the other.

I understand that you wouldn't buy the stock. Let's talk about this in a year and one of us can say "I told you so" to the other.
    Fair enough, but we might be talking sooner than that.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

FB just got slammed with a 16 billion privacy lawsuit from a couple of California lawyers on it's IPO day...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57437060-93/facebook-sued-for-$15-billion-over-alleged-privacy-infractions/

That's not very convenient, is it?

HG, it just sounds like you're dabbling and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not an all eggs in the basket type thing.

I don't like FB at this price (90 times earnings or something like that, yikes) but I'm not lighting cigars with $100 dollar bills either so go figure.

Good luck.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    HG, it just sounds like you're dabbling and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not an all eggs in the basket type thing.

I don't like FB at this price (90 times earnings or something like that, yikes) but I'm not lighting cigars with $100 dollar bills either so go figure.

Good luck.
    She's not going to listen to us 'cause yer stoopid.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    She's not going to listen to us 'cause yer stoopid.
    Don't put words in my mouth apeboy.