Thread: So???

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115
  1. #101  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Buffet didn't invest in fb, but he stated he did help Zuckerberg launch it(public). He also didn't invest in Google or Apple...because he doesn't understand the companies. His words.
    Even people who are right a lot of the time are wrong sometimes, but I think you know that. Except for me, of course. I am ALWAYS right. Just ask Rock.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,419
    Funny thing about that monkey is that he is always right a little too late!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Even people who are right a lot of the time are wrong sometimes, but I think you know that. Except for me, of course. I am ALWAYS right. Just ask Rock.
    Typical chest thumper...but you are an ape and it's to be expected.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Funny thing about that monkey is that he is always right a little too late!
    Better late than never?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Typical chest thumper...but you are an ape and it's to be expected.
    Apes indeed thump their chests. Better that than monkey see, monkey do.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Buffet didn't invest in fb, but he stated he did help Zuckerberg launch it(public). He also didn't invest in Google or Apple...because he doesn't understand the companies. His words.
    What a crock. Buffett doesn't understand Apple? Really? Gimmee a break, Warren! You understand Apple perfectly. You didn't invest because you thought it was fully valued and therefore not a good buy. Spare us all the "Gee it's just too complicated for us ol' country boys", routine, OK?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    What a crock. Buffett doesn't understand Apple? Really? Gimmee a break, Warren! You understand Apple perfectly. You didn't invest because you thought it was fully valued and therefore not a good buy. Spare us all the "Gee it's just too complicated for us ol' country boys", routine, OK?

    It's not a secret that he didn't invest in Apple or Google...a quick Google search will tell you that. He's old school...if a company doesn't produce a tangible product, he doesn't believe in it. Apple certainly provides products, maybe he thought pc's would always be on top. Google is like a Facebook in a way. It's a service....it doesn't produce a product you can hold in your hand. But advertising is big money, some old school investors can't grasp it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Apes indeed thump their chests. Better that than monkey see, monkey do.
    I so wish I had the millions that you think I lost.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I so wish I had the millions that you think I lost.



    Some people lose more money in lost productivity at work by being on the computer all day then others do by throwing a few hundred bucks at facebook....

    We have a real live woman making her own investment decisions and some
    people clearly do not like that!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,535
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •