Thread: So???

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OOOOOOKAAAAY! We have an answer!

Facebook is worth $13.80. Or, wait a minute, it should TRADE at $13.80. What it's worth is another thing. I think.

Facebook’s stock should trade for $13.80
    By Mark Hulbert, MarketWatch

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (MarketWatch) — Well, then, what should be the price of Facebook’s stock?

ANALYSIS
    • Facebook fiasco may close tech IPO door
    • The case of the missing Facebook shares
    • Unique opportunity to buy Facebook cheap?
    • Chuck Jaffe: IPO says ‘it’s probably overpriced’
    • Howard Gold: Why Facebook's IPO fell short
    • Social-media investment bubble has popped

Rather than endlessly rehashing the events that have taken place over the past week, it is this question that investors should be asking. Surprisingly, however, few are doing so.

And yet, courtesy of a just-released study, calculating a fair price for Facebook’s stock isn’t as difficult as it might otherwise seem.........
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fac...dist=countdown
    And yada-yada-yada.

Doncha just love these guys? A few days ago they had nothing to say about Facebook at all and now - with no new information - they have determined that it is worth not $38, but $13.80.
    Where in the hell were they when Hawkgirl and millions of others were encouraged to lay their shekels on the barrel head?

Clowns

Everybody's a freaking Monday morning quarterback on this thing. Just shut up.
    Be Not Afraid.

Not really, JB. Anyone who has an understanding of stock valuation saw what is happening a mile away. I would submit that, barring some as yet unknown acquisition/value-add, FB is destined to trade below $10.00 until its earnings justify a higher level. Sadly, until then, the Market Makers are going to play this issue like a tin flute as they try to recover the some $100 million they cumulatively lost in this fiasco to date.

Did you take a position in FB? Why are your knickers in a knot over this discussion?
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Did you take a position in FB? Why are your knickers in a knot over this discussion?
    Actually it's nothing personal against anyone in this thread. You can probably consider me a MM quarterback too. Early on in this thread I said I didn't like FB at this price but I don't think it was before the IPO.

But since the IPO every douche that can spell stock thinks he's the great guru that knew FB was overpriced.

If you're a contrarian investor you should be gobbling FB up right now. Do they announce soon? That will be fun.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    ...................If you're a contrarian investor you should be gobbling FB up right now..........
    Now, that's a contrarian! Maybe we should wait until Warren Bufett buys it.

I'm with AA's first number - somewhere about $6 or maybe $5 for real value
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

You accidentally disclosed the location of your Batcave, didn't you?
    Naw - fake lead through 17 bounces ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I'm with AA's first number - somewhere about $6 or maybe $5 for real value
    Or maybe $13.80. And if it hits that, it will go lower on pure burnout. Then you buy. But only if they show some growth in earnings.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Actually it's nothing personal against anyone in this thread. You can probably consider me a MM quarterback too. Early on in this thread I said I didn't like FB at this price but I don't think it was before the IPO.

But since the IPO every douche that can spell stock thinks he's the great guru that knew FB was overpriced.

If you're a contrarian investor you should be gobbling FB up right now. Do they announce soon? That will be fun.
    I am no stock guru, but I have done well with my own investment strategy. It's a simple one: Do your own due diligence. If you don't understand how to valuate a stock (you, not some broker or money manager), then stay the hell away from stocks.

I am no stock guru, but I have done well with my own investment strategy. It's a simple one: Do your own due diligence. If you don't understand how to valuate a stock (you, not some broker or money manager), then stay the hell away from stocks.
    Amen - That's what the couch potato plan is all about.
    Personally, I do a bit of across the spectrum. I have one account where I take flyers and see if I had any real idea about what was going on. I have one account that is totally ran by an adviser. I have two others that are governed by me but with minimal risks; one with stocks, another with cash, CDs and funds.