1. #1 Transgender 5 year old girl "see's" herself as a boy 
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this...der-diagnosis/

So this transgender bull rubs me the wrong way. First of all, that 5 year old 'boy' will have 1 hell of a time explaining to her, i mean his, friends why she, i mean he, has breast, and why she, i mean he, bleeds every month.

I've had plenty of friends, including my future fiance, mostly girls, go through the 'tomboy' phase. Hell, even I can relate to females, I read the babysitter club, watched degrassi(teen HS drama show lulz), and I enjoy romantic evenings/knight(me) sweeping my wife off her feet etc. but am I a 'girl' because I like those things?Hell no.

People need to understand that society only survives when there are defined rolls for each gender, women are child-bearer's, so while they are pregnant in the cave, the men go out and bring home sustenance, and while a man is physically bigger to protect the woman, the woman gives guidance to the man. The problem with transgender is that gender rolls are defined by society and are in no way restrictive of genital packages, women wear pants and have short hair, men wear long hair and paint their nails. That right there destroys the notion of 'identifying' as a different gender.

One of my good friends from school loves spider-man, picture in article of the girl, i mean boy, climbing into a spider-man bunk-bed, she wore short hair when she was little and she enjoyed doing 'boy' things, and she literally wanted to be a guy; that is until puberty hit and she started gaining curves and more attraction to boys...

remember how boys usually think girls are 'icky' up until middle school? Well, my parents tell me when I was a baby I would grab a french fry and turn around and check out the other girls :P, and when I was in kindergarten I chased this girl around kissing her on the cheek The funny thing is that girls are usually the ones to start being attracted to boys first, so I guess I was an odd-ball.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post

I've had plenty of friends, including my future fiance, mostly girls, go through the 'tomboy' phase.
    However, we don't generally find it as amusing when boys go through a tomgirl phase or act outside what we think their role ought to be. This offends our primitive instincts for preservation of the tribe which we see expressed later in your statement. However, we as an advanced culture have learned that we can allow children to be who they are or we can regiment them, and either way we really don't control the outcome. Even in oppressive societies, you can make people act a certain way to maintain their own safety under the threat of god and government, but you can't make them think or feel the conformist you want them to be.

Let kids be kids. Let kids of both sexes be kids.

People need to understand that society only survives when there are defined rolls for each gender, women are child-bearer's, so while they are pregnant in the cave, the men go out and bring home sustenance, and while a man is physically bigger to protect the woman, the woman gives guidance to the man.
    This is where you drive off the cliff. Society has survived everything which has been thrown at it. Gender roles have indeed changed across the civilization and in individual traditions over long periods of time. In our own society, we have gone from women working in the fields, to women not working in the fields, and back to women working in the fields. The woman warrior of ancient literature appears to have been largely a fantasy, but we do have them now. All kinds of gender roles have swapped around over time or even in contemporary systems like 16th century England and France.

........... women are child-bearer's, so while they are pregnant in the cave, the men go out and bring home sustenance, and while a man is physically bigger to protect the woman, the woman gives guidance to the man. The problem with transgender is that gender rolls are defined by society and are in no way restrictive of genital packages, women wear pants and have short hair, men wear long hair and paint their nails. That right there destroys the notion of 'identifying' as a different gender.
    In African aboriginal (bush tribes) societies existing today you will find that the males are the ones who adorn themselves, wear feathers and jewelry while the women are fairly plain. These people do not live in caves and pregnant females continue to work at farming, gathering, and weaving the entire time they are pregnant. They often live sex segregated lives, with older or other females "guarding the cave" and males performing traditional male jobs and roles but apart from the females, rather like elephants or lions. While it's true that these societies have not to our knowledge produced anything of lasting value to contribute to the greater civilization, they have nonetheless survived.

So a 5 year old understands the nuances of all this? Bullcrap. I suppose the little boy in that viral video showing him get all upset because he's not a Single Lady means he's transgendered too. The forceful acceptance of what isn't the norm. And of course we have the nova "there's no difference in genders" screed.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So a 5 year old understands the nuances of all this? Bullcrap. I suppose the little boy in that viral video showing him get all upset because he's not a Single Lady means he's transgendered too. The forceful acceptance of what isn't the norm. And of course we have the nova "there's no difference in genders" screed.
    I think that these people are trying to do no harm. Howbeit, when dealing with children we have to remember that their perceptions and identity changes rapidly over time. Just because you have a swishy little boy doesn't mean he's a transgender or even gay. Some little boys are just swishy, and some little girls are butch.