Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 50+ Professors & Staff Resign From Christian University 
    Guess why.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/50-p...uality-pledge/

Last October, news broke that Shorter University, a Christian college in Rome, Georgia, had decided to ask its employees to sign a controversial pledge that affirms that they are not engaging in homosexuality, among other forbidden activities. Now, after scores of employees refused to sign the document, the college, which is affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention, has reportedly received a massive number of resignations.

Rather than renewing their contracts with the private school, around 50 staffers (the NY Daily News reports that the number is closer to 60) refused to sign the “Personal Lifestyle Statement,” and simply decided to throw in the towel.
    Shocking, but I think the university will benefit from it in the long run. Now if only we could get other Christian universities to do the same...

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

It's a private school, they have the right to enforce their own code of conduct.

I always wondered about the schools that made students sign contracts that they wouldn't listen to rock music, watch R rated movies, and so on. I know Wheaton, Liberty and some other Christian colleges did that when I was college-aged. I was surprised, because I don't think Calvin College made their students sign such a pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's a private school, they have the right to enforce their own code of conduct.

I always wondered about the schools that made students sign contracts that they wouldn't listen to rock music, watch R rated movies, and so on. I know Wheaton, Liberty and some other Christian colleges did that when I was college-aged. I was surprised, because I don't think Calvin College made their students sign such a pledge.
    The Calvin College students were predestined to not listen to rock music or watch R-rated movies.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The Calvin College students were predestined to not listen to rock music or watch R-rated movies.

LOL.

Calvin students were wild in the 80s, they got away with stuff we never could have done at WMU. One of my coworkers at Steketee's lived in Calvin dorms and told me that they used to smoke weed openly in the dorm's tv room. We would have been in trouble for that, they actually enforced the age 21 drinking age at Western, to some degree. You couldn't walk around the halls with open beverages, for example, although they didn't stop you from drinking in your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Bwaha!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I could not work for someone that was in my business that deep!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I could not work for someone that was in my business that deep!

many of the fortune 500 companies have "morals" clauses in their employment contracts for the upper echelon of employees. Have to protect the company name.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    many of the fortune 500 companies have "morals" clauses in their employment contracts for the upper echelon of employees. Have to protect the company name.
    That may be their right but no man owns me because of a job.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Correct....had to sign one every year, morals clause, guidelines on "gifts and gratuities", employee conduct, sexual harassment.........on and on......

I never found them intrusive......mostly just common sense.

All upper-eschelon employees are required to execute and have these personally enshrined in their personnel file.

doc