Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 USS Iowa heads for the barn 

the USS Iowa departs Richmond CA tomorrow for its trip to LA. Pacific battleship has provided tracking info

http://www.pacificbattleship.com/page/track
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Shame to see Big I go into museum status...this grunt is one that still thinks we should keep one of the BB's on active status. I think they could still serve a useful purpose.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sorry to see her put away, but she will always be safe.

Iowa; New Jersey; Wisconsin....when I was stationed in Philadelphia during the summer of '65 they were all tied up together at the entrance of the naval base.
    What a sight!

im just glad she's been saved from the wrecking ball. she's now got a permanent home. the frisco libs have been trying for years to "dispose" of her. we just saved a piece of history. her move to LA has been delayed by bad weather. the sooner she's outta there the better.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    im just glad she's been saved from the wrecking ball. she's now got a permanent home. the frisco libs have been trying for years to "dispose" of her. we just saved a piece of history. her move to LA has been delayed by bad weather. the sooner she's outta there the better.
    Only those idiots would dispose of a piece of American History.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Shame to see Big I go into museum status...this grunt is one that still thinks we should keep one of the BB's on active status. I think they could still serve a useful purpose.
    I was on a tour of the USS New Jersey and I asked a tour guide if they needed these ships again could the be fixed up and he said yes in a matter of 9 months or so. Someone must want these old gals to fight again :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I was on a tour of the USS New Jersey and I asked a tour guide if they needed these ships again could the be fixed up and he said yes in a matter of 9 months or so. Someone must want these old gals to fight again :)
    Or, if you've seen the movie Battleship, in a day with 50 men as long as they've served onboard her.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    im just glad she's been saved from the wrecking ball.............
    It would have to be some kinda serious wreaking ball!

No, I'm pretty sure the wreaking ball would give up and destroy itself against one of these beauties....

for some reason im not receiving any emails from this forum. gotta see if it can be fixed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    so would I. the NJ served with us in Nam. we had to send her home. these ole gals were built for war time economy. she was costing us a million bucks a day just to keep her afloat and operating. we simply didn't have enough support ships to keep her going. I wondered why they could not convert them to nuke power. guess it was impractical ??? they're a great way to show the flag. and very intimidating