Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Jackson Lee: Women to be dragged out ‘into the streets,’ return to ‘coat hangers’ 
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/31/ja...#ixzz1wTDkJeMp

Because making it ILLEGAL for a woman to kill a baby because it's a GIRL is... a war on women? HOLY FLAPJACKS BATMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/31/ja...#ixzz1wTDkJeMp

Because making it ILLEGAL for a woman to kill a baby because it's a GIRL is... a war on women? HOLY FLAPJACKS BATMAN!
    So, she's afraid that adult women will be dragged out into the streets (despite the fact that this has never happened in America before, even prior to Roe v. Wade), but infant girls being dragged out of the womb and murdered is okay. Go figure.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

And just think-if women are required to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, the very law passed to try to guilt women into not having an abortion will actually contribute to sex-selection abortions, since gender is frequently first noted on the ultrasound, although only amniocentisis can be definitive. I'm not sure how far along a woman has to be to get amnio, though.

Here's the thing-the sex selection issue is just the anti abortion lobby's newest idea to try to turn people to their side and put more limits on the legality of abortion, or put more obstacles in the way for women seeking a medical procedure that is legal. It's either legal for everyone or legal for no one. I love it that they are hyping some poll that shows the majority of americans consider themselves prolife, even though 72% of the same people polled stated that abortion should remain legal.

Don't know if it's an urban legend or not but isn't this the kind of thing that goes on in China?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Idiotic Congresswoman Says Something Idiotic... Again.

Meanwhile, in other news...

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And just think-if women are required to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, the very law passed to try to guilt women into not having an abortion will actually contribute to sex-selection abortions, since gender is frequently first noted on the ultrasound, although only amniocentisis can be definitive. I'm not sure how far along a woman has to be to get amnio, though.

Here's the thing-the sex selection issue is just the anti abortion lobby's newest idea to try to turn people to their side and put more limits on the legality of abortion, or put more obstacles in the way for women seeking a medical procedure that is legal. It's either legal for everyone or legal for no one. I love it that they are hyping some poll that shows the majority of americans consider themselves prolife, even though 72% of the same people polled stated that abortion should remain legal.
    You do realize that doctors have to do ultrasounds before abortions anyway, right? Because otherwise, they are operating blind, literally. The issue that Planned Parenthood objects to is that compelling the doctor to show the ultrasound might cut into their bottom line.

But, just for the sake of argument, is there any restriction on abortion that you would be in favor of?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Don't know if it's an urban legend or not but isn't this the kind of thing that goes on in China?
    It's not an urban legend. In fact, the reason that Chen Guancheng was jailed in China was that he had documented the policy, as well as the forced abortions and sterilizations. You can read it at http://www.womensrightswithoutfronti...chenreport.pdf.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

But, just for the sake of argument, is there any restriction on abortion that you would be in favor of?
    I support parental consent laws, with a judicial bypass option. A girl under 18 should never be allowed to sign her own consent forms for major surgery. She can't even get her ears pierced without parental consent.

I don't think the morning after pill should be available over the counter. A doctor should examine a woman before she prescribes something that has a lot more side effects than one might think.

Otherwise, no, I support no limits. I would like to see the abortion rate lowered, but not by restricting access to abortion services. I would prefer to see it lowered by men and women being responsible about sex and the potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I support parental consent laws, with a judicial bypass option. A girl under 18 should never be allowed to sign her own consent forms for major surgery. She can't even get her ears pierced without parental consent.

I don't think the morning after pill should be available over the counter. A doctor should examine a woman before she prescribes something that has a lot more side effects than one might think.

Otherwise, no, I support no limits. I would like to see the abortion rate lowered, but not by restricting access to abortion services. I would prefer to see it lowered by men and women being responsible about sex and the potential consequences.
    Okay, so you have no problem with third trimester abortions? Partial birth abortions (where an almost full-term fetus is partially removed from the birth canal and then killed by stabbing the skull)? What about cases where the fetus survives removal? Current law in Illinois treats a breathing, living baby that survives an abortion as medical waste. Are you saying that you wouldn't restrict any of these?
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Okay, so you have no problem with third trimester abortions? Partial birth abortions (where an almost full-term fetus is partially removed from the birth canal and then killed by stabbing the skull)? What about cases where the fetus survives removal? Current law in Illinois treats a breathing, living baby that survives an abortion as medical waste. Are you saying that you wouldn't restrict any of these?
    In the late 2nd term, the baby has a brain. Still, the pro death camp argues that the "clump of cells" with a brain is "merely a fetus." I guess they can't allow themselves to be in support of scrambling the brains of actual babies. They can't even allow themselves to be called pro-death. No, they are pro-choice! If I am a pro-lifer, doesn't that make them pro-deathers?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Jackson lee is a sick sick person.