Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Jackson Lee: Women to be dragged out ‘into the streets,’ return to ‘coat hangers’ 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    621
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/31/ja...#ixzz1wTDkJeMp

    Because making it ILLEGAL for a woman to kill a baby because it's a GIRL is... a war on women? HOLY FLAPJACKS BATMAN!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/31/ja...#ixzz1wTDkJeMp

    Because making it ILLEGAL for a woman to kill a baby because it's a GIRL is... a war on women? HOLY FLAPJACKS BATMAN!
    So, she's afraid that adult women will be dragged out into the streets (despite the fact that this has never happened in America before, even prior to Roe v. Wade), but infant girls being dragged out of the womb and murdered is okay. Go figure.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    And just think-if women are required to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, the very law passed to try to guilt women into not having an abortion will actually contribute to sex-selection abortions, since gender is frequently first noted on the ultrasound, although only amniocentisis can be definitive. I'm not sure how far along a woman has to be to get amnio, though.


    Here's the thing-the sex selection issue is just the anti abortion lobby's newest idea to try to turn people to their side and put more limits on the legality of abortion, or put more obstacles in the way for women seeking a medical procedure that is legal. It's either legal for everyone or legal for no one. I love it that they are hyping some poll that shows the majority of americans consider themselves prolife, even though 72% of the same people polled stated that abortion should remain legal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,645
    Don't know if it's an urban legend or not but isn't this the kind of thing that goes on in China?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Idiotic Congresswoman Says Something Idiotic... Again.

    Meanwhile, in other news...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And just think-if women are required to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, the very law passed to try to guilt women into not having an abortion will actually contribute to sex-selection abortions, since gender is frequently first noted on the ultrasound, although only amniocentisis can be definitive. I'm not sure how far along a woman has to be to get amnio, though.


    Here's the thing-the sex selection issue is just the anti abortion lobby's newest idea to try to turn people to their side and put more limits on the legality of abortion, or put more obstacles in the way for women seeking a medical procedure that is legal. It's either legal for everyone or legal for no one. I love it that they are hyping some poll that shows the majority of americans consider themselves prolife, even though 72% of the same people polled stated that abortion should remain legal.
    You do realize that doctors have to do ultrasounds before abortions anyway, right? Because otherwise, they are operating blind, literally. The issue that Planned Parenthood objects to is that compelling the doctor to show the ultrasound might cut into their bottom line.

    But, just for the sake of argument, is there any restriction on abortion that you would be in favor of?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Don't know if it's an urban legend or not but isn't this the kind of thing that goes on in China?
    It's not an urban legend. In fact, the reason that Chen Guancheng was jailed in China was that he had documented the policy, as well as the forced abortions and sterilizations. You can read it at http://www.womensrightswithoutfronti...chenreport.pdf.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

    But, just for the sake of argument, is there any restriction on abortion that you would be in favor of?
    I support parental consent laws, with a judicial bypass option. A girl under 18 should never be allowed to sign her own consent forms for major surgery. She can't even get her ears pierced without parental consent.

    I don't think the morning after pill should be available over the counter. A doctor should examine a woman before she prescribes something that has a lot more side effects than one might think.

    Otherwise, no, I support no limits. I would like to see the abortion rate lowered, but not by restricting access to abortion services. I would prefer to see it lowered by men and women being responsible about sex and the potential consequences.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I support parental consent laws, with a judicial bypass option. A girl under 18 should never be allowed to sign her own consent forms for major surgery. She can't even get her ears pierced without parental consent.

    I don't think the morning after pill should be available over the counter. A doctor should examine a woman before she prescribes something that has a lot more side effects than one might think.

    Otherwise, no, I support no limits. I would like to see the abortion rate lowered, but not by restricting access to abortion services. I would prefer to see it lowered by men and women being responsible about sex and the potential consequences.
    Okay, so you have no problem with third trimester abortions? Partial birth abortions (where an almost full-term fetus is partially removed from the birth canal and then killed by stabbing the skull)? What about cases where the fetus survives removal? Current law in Illinois treats a breathing, living baby that survives an abortion as medical waste. Are you saying that you wouldn't restrict any of these?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Okay, so you have no problem with third trimester abortions? Partial birth abortions (where an almost full-term fetus is partially removed from the birth canal and then killed by stabbing the skull)? What about cases where the fetus survives removal? Current law in Illinois treats a breathing, living baby that survives an abortion as medical waste. Are you saying that you wouldn't restrict any of these?
    In the late 2nd term, the baby has a brain. Still, the pro death camp argues that the "clump of cells" with a brain is "merely a fetus." I guess they can't allow themselves to be in support of scrambling the brains of actual babies. They can't even allow themselves to be called pro-death. No, they are pro-choice! If I am a pro-lifer, doesn't that make them pro-deathers?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Jackson lee is a sick sick person.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •