Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 19-year-old white student beaten by two separate black gangs... 
    A 19-year-old student from Baltimore Polytechnic High School told police he was beaten by two separate groups of juveniles from a rival school in downtown Baltimore on Thursday afternoon, an attack that comes amid a pitched debate over downtown safety.

According to police, the student was walking in the 200 block of W. Fayette St., a block north of the First Mariner Arena, before 4:20 p.m. when he said he was attacked from behind by an unknown male. Nine other juveniles joined in as he tried to defend himself, and his phone was taken during the attack, he told police.

Moments later, police say, an MTA bus stopped in the block and a juvenile male wearing a Digital Harbor High School shirt "forced open the door and got off the bus," followed by 19 other juveniles wearing Digital Harbor shirts, who again assaulted the victim, police said.

Anthony Guglielmi, a city police spokesman, said the victim told the police he was attacked because of a rivalry between the two schools. Guglielmi said police were coordinating with school officials to investigate the case.

The Sun reported last week that police dispatch tapes revealed a broader disturbance downtown onSt. Patrick's Daythan police had let on, and some questioned whether police had been forthcoming initially about the scope of the incident. The tapes showed police struggled to contain large groups of young people moving throughout the downtown area.

Also that night, a Virginia man was beaten and stripped of his clothing near the downtown courthouse, an attack that was caught on tape and garnered national attention.

The racial elements of that crime fed much of the outrage - the victim was white, and the attackers were all black. In Thursday's reported assault, Guglielmi said the 19-year-old victim was white and the attackers were all juvenile black males.

The reports of the St. Patrick's Day incidents prompted Baltimore County Del. Pat McDonough, a conservative radio show host, to issue a statement asking the governor to send in the Maryland State Police to control "roving mobs of black youths" at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. He said the Harbor should be declared a "no-travel zone" until safety can be ensured.

His comments were denounced by other politicians, including Gov. Martin O'Malley, and a group of activists to call for an apology. McDonough has declined, saying to do so would be "political correctness on steroids.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,2145545.story
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    ............ the victim was white, and the attackers were all black.......... In Thursday's reported assault, Guglielmi said the 19-year-old victim was white and the attackers were all juvenile black males............Maryland State Police to control "roving mobs of black youths" at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. He said the Harbor should be declared a "no-travel zone" until ................
    Black people continue to alienate themselves from everyone who is not "them". With every attack they push themselves further and further down the socio-economic ladder.

Pat McDonough is absolutely right. Sorry to be Captain Obvious here but if it was roving white kids/males/adults/whatever assaulting black kids/males/adults/whatever, Jackson & Sharpton would be there in a heart beat and the media would be reporting outrage.

It's stunning how so few people admit that.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Am I the only one scratching their heads at the notion of a 19 year old high school student?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Recycled Roadkill
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Am I the only one scratching their heads at the notion of a 19 year old high school student?
    He probably was left back a year for some reason or another.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The American public school standard has been that children should enter first grade by age seven. Most kids started at six years old, but seven to sixteen was the mandatory range.

Many parents do not approve of sending kids to school at four, five, or even six years old. I certainly did not approve of sending Little Darling to kindergarten when she was learning all she needed to learn at home. Sending sweet little kids to a noisy classroom when they should be outside playing and exploring with grandparents is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    He probably was left back a year for some reason or another.
    More likely he was a running back.......

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The American public school standard has been that children should enter first grade by age seven. Most kids started at six years old, but seven to sixteen was the mandatory range.

Many parents do not approve of sending kids to school at four, five, or even six years old. I certainly did not approve of sending Little Darling to kindergarten when she was learning all she needed to learn at home. Sending sweet little kids to a noisy classroom when they should be outside playing and exploring with grandparents is bad.
    Agreed, let them be kids for awhile.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

White boys shouldn't be walking on Fayette Street alone. I read a book about the drug trade in Baltimore, that focused on the neighborhood on Fayette Street.

When I'm driving around Detroit for work, I see white boys and girls in places they shouldn't be. They are usually there to buy drugs or prostitute themselves in order to buy drugs. I'm not saying this kid was up to trouble, but I wonder if he was down in the hood for legitimate reasons, why was he all alone?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    White boys shouldn't be walking on Fayette Street alone.
    This happened in the 200 block of W Fayette Street. It's around the corner from N Charles cafes and shops.