1. #1 Do the police think that they are gods? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a collection of over-reacting morons...

Sun May 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
    Zalatix

Do the police think that they are gods?

Or the guardians of gods?

I think they see themselves as such.

In the past I have laughed at news of entire court systems losing funding and people got angry because of the general fear that without the cops and the court systems, things will get ugly for normal American citizens.

In light of this
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002705316
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002706367

and this (warning: quite horrible)
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...or-help-1.html

and a thousand other cases that have popped up in just the last few months alone, a rational person must ask: are we not headed for much worse if we stay our current course?

What is much worse?

Well, let's start with assuming the cops and courts go away. Worst case scenario: people are mugging and killing each other for resources, with no cops to watch over us.

Now let's look at the reality: the cops routinely don't even bother to respond to thefts. In Oakland, recently, they declined to deal with a hostile intruder in a man's house and the man got killed as a result - they were too busy handling an Occupy protest. The police routinely shoot unarmed people who aren't aggressive, they plant false evidence on people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_e...false_evidence), and other transgressions that often go unpunished by the court system. (See: Rodney King.) When the citizenry really start fighting back, we get COINTELPRO and Ruby Ridge. (Really, who here is psycho enough to argue that Vicky Weaver deserved to be shot dead when she was holding a BABY in her arms?)

We have a massive, growing and increasingly privatized prison-industrial complex with arguably the largest prison population in the world outside of China, and an increasingly large number of prisoners doing cheap slave labor that is increasingly replacing paid industrial labor by free people.

This is about HALF the stupid rant. The Poor widdle OccuTards get spanked and all of a sudden the ebil POLICE are at your front door...

Wait till "The Brigade" really gets tough...
    May the FORCE be with you!

He does have a point, I mean we do have a rather large amount of people in jails...

Honestly, I'm to the point where marijuana should be legalized and my entire reasoning is basically that of prohibition and how that created organized crime. Plus, I don't like the idea of someone being in jail that was gonna smoke and feel loopy for a few hours next to murderers and rapists, if you didn't kill anyone you have a target on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    He does have a point, I mean we do have a rather large amount of people in jails...

Honestly, I'm to the point where marijuana should be legalized and my entire reasoning is basically that of prohibition and how that created organized crime. Plus, I don't like the idea of someone being in jail that was gonna smoke and feel loopy for a few hours next to murderers and rapists, if you didn't kill anyone you have a target on your back.
    So you think the jails are only filled with kids who got caught with weed? Um, OK. That said, these dopes want more government. With more government comes more regulation. With more regulation comes more police to enforce regulation. This is what they wanted.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So you think the jails are only filled with kids who got caught with weed? Um, OK. That said, these dopes want more government. With more government comes more regulation. With more regulation comes more police to enforce regulation. This is what they wanted.
    The problem is in getting good information on which to take positions. When we read that the explosion in the prison population is X% due to people convicted of "simple possession" or "drugs" we can't make a good decision on that basis. It would be like saying that there has been a 1000% increase in people in prison for "DUI". Well, as you know, there is DUI, DUI property damage, DUI w/Property damage and bodily injury, DUI severe bodily injury, and DUI manslaughter. Most of the DUI crimes would have never landed a person in anything more serious than county jail in the past. But to see "DUI" or the ambiguous "alcohol related" and suppose that there are people in prison for wandering over the white line or parking in their neighbor's front yard is foolish.

Unfortunately, we don't see a lot of good stats in the regular news ie stats which distinguish between those who are stopped for speeding and found with 400 hits of ecstasy and those who plea bargained out of something more serious. Which is not to say that the drug laws aren't costing us a fortune in courts and prison expenses or that it's ridiculous. Here in Florida you can be charged with possession with intent to distribute for being in possession of one ounce of pot in a single bag. Now when I was a kid, an ounce was the standard purchase amount. I understand that pot is more expensive now, but tell me that the 20 gram division between simple possession and intent to distribute isn't contrived and designed to generate more serious charges.

I was watching Locked Up Abroad and in Peru a judge goes and has a day in the prison in which he reviews the cases of prisoners and let's out the ones which aren't a threat to society. It's a very efficient operation, the judge goes to prison and sits at a desk reviewing cases as they come to him. Yes, it's rather imperial, but our dog and pony show doesn't seem to be any better.

Yes, it's rather imperial, but our dog and pony show doesn't seem to be any better.

Well we could always apply the methods used by your heroes in the USSR.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sun May 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
    Zalatix

Do the police think that they are gods?
    They are mere instrumentalities of the state, but since you Libs think of the state as your great all-providing god or goddess, due all the tribute it demands, why would you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    They are mere instrumentalities of the state, but since you Libs think of the state as your great all-providing god or goddess, due all the tribute it demands, why would you have a problem with that?
    They have a problem when they do something stupid and go to jail.

On the other hand they would like the police if they arrested people they didn't like for having different world view then the Moonbats.

And by the way, I'm sure Zalatix would just love the cops if they were to save his weedly little ass from a gang of punks who using him as a chew toy after he tried to reason with them as they were ripping him off on his latest drug deal.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    DUmmie said: We have a massive, growing and increasingly privatized prison-industrial complex with arguably the largest prison population in the world outside of China, and an increasingly large number of prisoners doing cheap slave labor that is increasingly replacing paid industrial labor by free people.
    Exactly NJ. Democrats want more laws, to protect us from ourselves. Sucks to get what you want sometimes eh DUmmie?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.