Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The refrigerators that Whirlpool make for Sears are made to a higher quality standard requested by Sears than the ones with the Whirlpool name on them. The same is true of their dryers, especially safety wise, I couldn't get information on the washers though.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The refrigerators that Whirlpool make for Sears are made to a higher quality standard requested by Sears than the ones with the Whirlpool name on them. The same is true of their dryers, especially safety wise, I couldn't get information on the washers though.
    That may be true, however, we took a tour of a Whirlpool plant a year or so ago, and they (both Whirlpool and Kenmore) were going down the assembly line together......the only difference appeared to be the nameplate.....

doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    That may be true, however, we took a tour of a Whirlpool plant a year or so ago, and they (both Whirlpool and Kenmore) were going down the assembly line together......the only difference appeared to be the nameplate.....

doc
    I do work for a testing lab that does forensic testing for insurance companies when fires are started or damage is caused by the machines. The quality changes constantly and different companies are at the top of the heap at different times.
    One recent example of two almost identical refrigerators both made by whirlpool, the starter on the compressor was heavier duty on the sears model.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 05-21-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I do work for a testing lab that does forensic testing for insurance companies when fires are started or damage is caused by the machines. The quality changes constantly and different companies are at the top of the heap at different times.
    One recent example of two almost identical refrigerators both made by whirlpool, the starter on the compressor was heavier duty on the sears model.
    Underwriters Labs I presume......

doc

Underwriters Labs I presume......

doc
    No they are an electrical engineering firm in Tulsa, a lot of the testing they do is real similar though. They have a contract to test all the deep well oil pump motors that Petrogras are buying from Centrilift. I never know what they are going to be testing next.
    One day they had an electric chair they were testing simulating someone getting up and down out of it repeatedly, an identical chair had burned a grandmother down when it sparked a fire.

No they are an electrical engineering firm in Tulsa, a lot of the testing they do is real similar though. They have a contract to test all the deep well oil pump motors that Petrogras are buying from Centrilift. I never know what they are going to be testing next.
    One day they had an electric chair they were testing simulating someone getting up and down out of it repeatedly, an identical chair had burned a grandmother down when it sparked a fire.
    Hence my remark.....back at the dawn of my career as an engineer, I got stuck with the task of assuring that all of our products met the UL standards..........by duplicating the tests.........low man on the totem pole.

doc

Hence my remark.....back at the dawn of my career as an engineer, I got stuck with the task of assuring that all of our products met the UL standards..........by duplicating the tests.........low man on the totem pole.

doc
    I do heavy equipment work and check several oil leases that they own, one of my jobs is to haul off the carcasses of appliances after they are finished using them for testing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We're back! New machine to be delivered tomorrow.

It's an LG

Latest model and we got it for $835.

With hhgreg they charge $69.99 to deliver the new and pickup the old
    but I have a rebate to mail in so it's free.
    May the FORCE be with you!

All of my appliances are Whirlpool and I never had any issue with them. I did not upgrade them when they built my house, so they were probably not expensive. They are from 2007 and do not show any wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    All of my appliances are Whirlpool and I never had any issue with them. I did not upgrade them when they built my house, so they were probably not expensive. They are from 2007 and do not show any wear and tear.
    After reading all the Whirlpool comments, I might go to our local Lowe's and check out the Whirlpools. They don't have them at HGregg, a new (and largest) in this little town. SR buys stuff quickly, walks in and figures out which is the best deal in the store. I'm the one who likes to shop and check ratings, etc. I'm thinking that the one we purchased might have too many features that could go wrong.

There's nothing like Buyer's Remorse.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW