Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I bet you could barbeque some tasty monkey in one!
    Pork is far more delicious.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Pork is far more delicious.
    Probably true, but it just doesn't seem right eating the more intelligent animals.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Probably true, but it just doesn't seem right eating the more intelligent animals.
    My point exactly.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I love my Weber gar grill. One of the clever folks here recommended it, so I know it wasn't Rock. At any rate, it's the best grill I have ever owned.
    Webers are mad expensive. I spent just below $300 for mine and it's the same size as a Weber that I liked, but the Weber was $700. If I decide I love it (as I'm sure it will be much easier), when it croaks, I may spring for the Weber.

I have used wood, charcoal and gas, as Ive lived all over the place (north, south, east, west and central US).

Charcoal or wood is great. Esp wood if you live in an area that the excellent woods are readily available.

But in other certain areas where these conditions are not met, gas is teh bomb (excellent too).

In a way ... it seems to be a matter of adapting to the surrounding environs imho.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Propane rocks! Wood has bugs.

You're no Sith Lord......

You're Hank Hill!!!!!!!!
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Webers are mad expensive. I spent just below $300 for mine and it's the same size as a Weber that I liked, but the Weber was $700. If I decide I love it (as I'm sure it will be much easier), when it croaks, I may spring for the Weber.
    We had a Char-Broil that I had bought about 7 years ago. SR replaced some of the parts, but too much of it needed to be replaced again.

This time we got a Char-Broil at Lowe's. We got it a month ago. It has that infrared feature. SR says it cooks faster. I think the meats are much juicier and less dry. The grilled chicken is excellent now.

I'm not sure if I'd want to spend all the money on a Weber. I used to have one and the inner parts wore out every bit as quickly as the Char-Broils. In fact had a lot more trouble with the gas Weber. Maybe I just had a lemon but I wouldn't get another of their propane gas grills.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I got this Master Forge grill. I have a small, covered back patio, so I needed one that had sides that collapse. I don't really care for a side burner. My choices were limited.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_94227-32447-...ill&facetInfo=

I have no idea if this is a good name brand or not. I know Weber has a good rep, but as I said, I didn't want to spend that much for my first gas grill.

I just purchased a new gas grill that has porcelain enameled iron grates. Curious if anyone knows if I could still use a regular grill brush? I don't want to scratch up the finish if my metal bristles are too harsh for it.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I have gas, love it, never liked having to deal with the length of time it takes for the charcoal to get hot and be ready to cook on. spent 100ish on mine a couple years ago and have only used coal when at the park or something
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry