1. #1 Witness: AWOL Soldier Planned Lunchtime Attack On Local Restaurant 

WACO (May 22, 2012)—AWOL Army Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo planned to detonate a homemade bomb in a Fort Hood area restaurant frequented by soldiers and then to shoot anyone who survived the explosion to "martyr himself" for the people of Iraq and Afghanistan, FBI Special Agent C. Michael Owens testified Tuesday.

Owens, who was the first prosecution witness in Abdo’s trial in U.S. District Court in Waco, testified that Abdo told him he planned to target a Chinese restaurant because soldiers like to eat Chinese food.

Owens testified that Abdo planned to fill a pressure cooker with shrapnel and gunpowder and to use a clock as a timer.

Owens said Abdo told him he got instructions on how to build the bomb from a magazine he read online at a public library.

Owens testified Abdo planned to carry out the attack between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. because that’s when married soldiers would be eating.

He testified that Abdo told him he chose to target a restaurant in the Fort Hood area rather than at Fort Bragg, where he was stationed, because he wanted to credit the faith of Maj. Nidal Hasan, who’s awaiting trial for the deadly November 2009 shooting rampage on post.

Owens quoted Abdo as saying of Hasan, "People think he's crazy. But he's not."

He also testified that Abdo told him he planned to offer a ride to and then murder a random soldier, whose death he planned to videotape while reciting the names of Muslims he felt were the U.S. government had wronged, including Hasan.

In opening statements Tuesday morning, prosecutors said Abdo confessed to the plot, which they said was foiled by good police work and a resident’s report of suspicious activity.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/W...152757155.html
    Last edited by txradioguy; 05-23-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Can we try these thugs for the crime they are truly guilty of? That being high treason? Low treason? Any kind of treason?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Can we try these thugs for the crime they are truly guilty of? That being high treason? Low treason? Any kind of treason?
    In order to try them for treason, the people trying them would have to be patriotic enough to recognize the concept. Our post-modern, citizen-of-the-world elites don't see treason as a crime, but they do see patriotism as an embarrassment.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    In order to try them for treason, the people trying them would have to be patriotic enough to recognize the concept. Our post-modern, citizen-of-the-world elites don't see treason as a crime, but they do see patriotism as an embarrassment.

But don't question their patriotism. If any.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    But don't question their patriotism. If any.
    I love how people can claim to be "citizens of the world" in one breath, and then complain when somebody questions their patriotism in the next.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I had a discussion recently with my wife on the failure of justice due to PC/lack of courage and a pervasive miseducation of our society. I told her the logical endstate is vigilantism. I know what I would do if on a personal level justice was sacrificed for these unacceptable reasons.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand