Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Faker in the Wire!!! 
    Thanks to a buddy of mine...I've discovered yet another poser wishing he could wear Army green and be as bad ass as he thinks he is in his picture.

Here's his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.m...nald.3?sk=wall

It's time we introduce our friends who run the Stolen Valor campaign to Nathaniel Macdonald.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This guy is an obvious fake. The airborne tab goes directly over the SF arrowhead patch, because it is part of the Distinctive Unit Insignia. Then the ranger and SF tabs go above them. Also, he's got the officers subdued branch insignia, the crossed arrowheads, worn on his chest, as if it were a qualification or combat badge. That's not authorized, but it is definitely something that a faux beret would do.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

1. Are those jump wings I see above a CIB?
    2. I sure do miss my time as a student at The University of Arizona. Bear Down!
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This guy is an obvious fake. The airborne tab goes directly over the SF arrowhead patch, because it is part of the Distinctive Unit Insignia. Then the ranger and SF tabs go above them. Also, he's got the officers subdued branch insignia, the crossed arrowheads, worn on his chest, as if it were a qualification or combat badge. That's not authorized, but it is definitely something that a faux beret would do.
    What is that red thing on his left arm sleeve?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What is that red thing on his left arm sleeve?
    A pen. The ACUs have a pen pocket on the sleeve, just like flight suits. Believe it or not, the pen is authorized, as long as it isn't showing too much.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Did a little digging on the net about this guy. And found out some interesting tidbits.

That photo, look at the banner in the back. Says UASCIENCE.

That is the University of Arizona Science and Technology located in Tucson Arizona.

They have a local known verbal poser there who happens to go by the name Nathaniel MacDonald.

Thou the FB link doesn't work any more as he's deleted it. Look at the name of the account in the URL. Its Nathaniel MacDonald.

Now why do I call him a verbal poser?

Well, he did serve. But as a Private in the National Guard - not an SF NCO. And he was discharged from the National Guard back around '10 or '11 for being AWOL. Reported on one site from others who have dwelt with him had a report from a Staff Sergeant at the National Guard where he was stationed in AZ - stated "MacDonald was nothing but trouble."
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Did a little digging on the net about this guy. And found out some interesting tidbits.

That photo, look at the banner in the back. Says UASCIENCE.

That is the University of Arizona Science and Technology located in Tucson Arizona.

They have a local known verbal poser there who happens to go by the name Nathaniel MacDonald.

Thou the FB link doesn't work any more as he's deleted it. Look at the name of the account in the URL. Its Nathaniel MacDonald.

Now why do I call him a verbal poser?

Well, he did serve. But as a Private in the National Guard - not an SF NCO. And he was discharged from the National Guard back around '10 or '11 for being AWOL. Reported on one site from others who have dwelt with him had a report from a Staff Sergeant at the National Guard where he was stationed in AZ - stated "MacDonald was nothing but trouble."
    Although the Stolen Valor Act was mostly struck down, there are still legal recourses that can be pursued against this poser. Reference United States Code. Title 18: CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE. CHAPTER 33: EMBLEMS, INSIGNIA, AND NAMES. Sec. 702 Uniform of armed forces and Public Health Service:

§ 702. Uniform of armed forces and Public Health Service
    Whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority, wears the uniform or a distinctive part thereof or anything similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of any of the armed forces of the United States, Public Health Service or any auxiliary of such, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 732; May 24, 1949, ch. 139, § 15(a), 63 Stat. 91; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(E), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat.
    2146.)

Now, if he used the uniform for any material gain, such as benefits, or even something as trivial as attending an event on a military discount, he has committed fraud.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Now, if he used the uniform for any material gain, such as benefits, or even something as trivial as attending an event on a military discount, he has committed fraud.
    From what I read on some other boards about this guy. He mostly goes around that area, hangs in the bars and goes into detail about his "Manly" duties and training he undergoes on base.

My guess. Trying to pick up drunk ladies who are too stupid to not know this guy is a poser.
    Rest In Peace America

I didn't have time earlier OD, as I was on my lunch hour and heading back to work.

This is part of what others have on this guy and what he's up to.

Matt520
    12-05-2010, 12:32

All,

Last night I came across a US Army soldier claiming to be a tabbed 10th Grouper out of Fort Carlson. What struck me as odd is that I met him at a bar, in Tucson, on a Saturday night around 8PM, while he was in ACU's minus the top. He claimed he is an 18F and was doing training at Fort Huachuca, and freely told me the exercise and how long he would be there. He also was liberal in his information sharing, telling me when (exact dates) and where he, along with his team, would be deployed (exact area). This took me by surprise, especially when he freely gave out the above-mentioned information. He also claimed to be a graduate of the Q-Course, class 5-05.

I will gladly pass on his name, along with the information regarding the deployment, if requested via PM. I am not attempting to be too critical, but wanted to inform you all, if he really is a tabbed guy, the lack of OPSEC exhibited by him.
    Off Road
    12-05-2010, 17:06

Matt,

The POS you met is a Private in the National Guard - not an SF NCO. His AKO lists his current duties as "10th Special Forces Division" and his address is a local address in Tucson. Sounds like a typical verbal poser.

Thanks,
    Off Road

Matt520
    12-05-2010, 17:29

I just sent him a message via AKO. Hopefully he will learn from this. Thanks for the follow-up too.

--Private,

I met you at the Sports Bar and Grill last night in Tucson, where you began to tell me how you were a tabbed, 10th SF Soldier. Why did you lie? Were you hoping that me, or some other individual might buy you a beer? You are lucky you were not in your ACU top either. Also, are you in regulation while sitting at a bar, while in uniform, during a weekend as a private?!

I hope you understand that the information you willingly told me is a serious matter, especially regarding any and all deployments, factual or not. You must be mindful of OPSEC, as I'm confident you have been taught the importance of it.

Unfortunately for you, your name has been passed on to 10th Group as a SF poser and wannabe, as well as to those at Fort Huachuca. I invite you to visit www.ProfessionalSoldiers.com, which is an informative website about SF, but more importantly monitored and moderated by SF. At least you could get your facts straight if continuing to play "pretend SF".

Stop pretending to be someone you are not, work on your humility, and pray the only consequence of your actions will be extra PT and/or cleaning detail.

Matt

Matt520
    12-06-2010, 17:49

All,

It turns out that Nathaniel MacDonald was discharged from the National Guard a year or so ago, due to going AWOL. I spoke with a Staff Sergeant at the National Guard here in AZ and he stated MacDonald was nothing but trouble. Hopefully they will run it up their chain and some type of resolution can be made, or at least attempted with this clown.

Matt

As you can see by the dates there. Mr. MacDonald has been playing this game for some time.
    Rest In Peace America

10. #10 WTF!?!?!?!? 
    Soooooooo glad I stumbled across this thread. This guy has been slumming around my house with my roomate for the past three months. For some reason he thought he could play soldier and we wouldn't catch on even though we are all veterans. I didn't really pay to much attention to it until I found this thread. There has got to be someway to stop yahoo's like this from doing what he's doing. This guy has been lying so long he ACTUALLY thinks he is a soldier. I know people who have known him since he was 5 years old and even they thought he was still in the military. He actually is a apartment complex maintenance guy and unless someone can think of a way to hold him accountable for this he has no problem dressing up every weekend and playing soldier. I mean geez he even dresses up as a immigrations officer and says that is his "side job" and he has a phone that he uses as a "government phone" when he tells people he is a recruiter. Isn't there SOMETHING that can be done to help REAL veterans hold onto to what we have without it being wasted on degenerates like this? I understand this is "freedom of speech" but how is this not illegal?