Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I need help PLEASE... 
    I just moved into a new apt and my soon to be wife just got a puppy chihuahua, while I used to hate what I call rat dogs the little guy has grown on me. My PROBLEM is if left home alone HE WONT STOP BARKING and the person upstairs is starting to not like it. Does anyone have any advice they could give me? We are starting to crate train him but I dont have hope that will help in the short term. I dont want to get rid of him because it would break my daughters hearts (not to mention mine) and I'd hate to see what it would do to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I just moved into a new apt and my soon to be wife just got a puppy chihuahua, while I used to hate what I call rat dogs the little guy has grown on me. My PROBLEM is if left home alone HE WONT STOP BARKING and the person upstairs is starting to not like it. Does anyone have any advice they could give me? We are starting to crate train him but I dont have hope that will help in the short term. I dont want to get rid of him because it would break my daughters hearts (not to mention mine) and I'd hate to see what it would do to him.
    get a collar that shocks him when he barks.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fiel...tag=mozilla-20
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

He can't help it; it's just the way he is.

He needs another dog. Or a cat. Or a goat. Or something.

We have a wire haired Jack Russel. Left alone, he is a terror. When Molly came along, he just settled right down..

"Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

You read my eeeeevil mind!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!! I would say a "buddy" would probably help to assuming you can have more than 1 dog.
    If not, I'm not sure. Seperation anxiety in pups can be a bitch to deal with.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You read my eeeeevil mind!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!! I would say a "buddy" would probably help to assuming you can have more than 1 dog.
    If not, I'm not sure. Seperation anxiety in pups can be a bitch to deal with.
    You ain't kidding

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You ain't kidding
    I mentioned this to SLW and she might have some ideas as she has had more dogs.

We have been lucky with the greys, before we got married I had Xena all by herself at times and it was never an issue.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I mentioned this to SLW and she might have some ideas as she has had more dogs.

We have been lucky with the greys, before we got married I had Xena all by herself at times and it was never an issue.
    Joking aside I dont want to give him up

Joking aside I dont want to give him up
    Get the shock collar, you could probably use it on your wife too but you'd have to put some diamonds on it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Get the shock collar, you could probably use it on your wife too but you'd have to put some diamonds on it.

I told her that old joke about locking your dog and wife in the trunk of a car and letting them go after an hour and see which one would be happy to see you.