Thread: Green mashed taters
#1 Green mashed taters05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
This sounds like a good way to get veggies into kids---or adults who don't like them. It's very sneaky, also good for St Paddy's day. 6 servings.
Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Mash
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 135, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 329mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 17g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Protein: 7g
Carb Choices: 1
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 pounds potato, yukon gold
- 3/4 pounds broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, fontina
- 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, black ground
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
GO ROYALS NOW
05-24-2012, 02:41 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Northern Virginia
Big deal; you can get kids (and dads) to eat anything that has enough cheese on it. There's no trick to that."Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
08-08-2012, 01:42 AM
You could even use boiled cauliflower in place of the potatoes for even more veggie goodness. This forum is making me hungry.We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it....
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|