Thread: Green mashed taters
#1 Green mashed taters05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
This sounds like a good way to get veggies into kids---or adults who don't like them. It's very sneaky, also good for St Paddy's day. 6 servings.
Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Mash
Quick Info: Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 135, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 329mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 17g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Protein: 7g
Carb Choices: 1
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 pounds potato, yukon gold
- 3/4 pounds broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) cheese, fontina
- 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, black ground
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher.
4. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
GO ROYALS NOW
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|