1. #1 A Time to Remember, Salute, and Support Our Military Heroes 
    Link

The above link is to a decent post about Memorial Day, supporting the troops and honoring them. Then this gem appears.
    OnionPower1
    3. If only...

we could replace memorial day with pride day. fighting for the right to have sex with who you want - now those are real heroes here on DU!
    I don't know anyone that warped in real life. Thankfully.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

The above link is to a decent post about Memorial Day, supporting the troops and honoring them. Then this gem appears.

I don't know anyone that warped in real life. Thankfully.
    WOW! What a bullshit post!

I've decided to commemorate this day to Casey Sheehan... He is truly the greatest, this country had! In SPITE of his Mother!!!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    WOW! What a bullshit post!

I've decided to commemorate this day to Casey Sheehan... He is truly the greatest, this country had! In SPITE of his Mother!!!
    ALL the posts, except for the OP's, in that thread are bullshit. Especially the one from shit for brains Cali.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Excuse me while I go puke.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

cali
    1. sorry, but they're not heroes and I really object to this
    kind of sentimental claptrap. In fact it makes me ill. Really ill. It perpetuates the mythology of the grandness of wars.
    By and large those who serve and those who died serving are simply cannon fodder, to use a somewhat quaint term, thrust into unjust wars.
    That doesn't mean that I don't think we should aid those who serve, but this whole here garbage is just sickening.

Response to cali (Reply #1)Fri May 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Bonobo
    2. Glad you said what I was thinking and much better than I would have.
    I am equally sickened when I hear Rachel Maddow perpetuating that kind of thinking.
    Reply to this post

Response to cali (Reply #1)Fri May 25, 2012, 07:44 PM
    OnionPower1
    3. If only...
    we could replace memorial day with pride day. fighting for the right to have sex with who you want - now those are real heroes here on DU!
    Reply to this post
    What pathetic idiots. These are the kinds of pacifists who love to go out and pick fights with anyone who doesn't agree with them, and if they get what they want, we're thugs, and if they don't, they get to bully people who won't fight back out of scruples. They have no decency or honor, and do not even understand the words.

Response to OnionPower1 (Reply #3)Fri May 25, 2012, 07:46 PM
    pinto
    4. Why not both?
    So, you want a day in which war veterans can have sex with whoever they want to? Sounds like something that Mohammed came up with.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I guess Cali thinks that all those who fought in WWII just a bunch evil warmongering idiots as well. If that's true, then she might believe that those who fought the Civil War and the American Revolution were just as stupid and equally as worthless.

Might also guess that Cali admires those that won The Russian Revolution, The Chinese Revolution, The Cuban Revolution and The Vietnam War.

Its my belief that Cali does not likes people who fight for Indivual liberty. but does like those who fight against it.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 05-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.