Thread: Does your Christianity make you feel Lonely?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're very astute. Wisdom indeed comes with age.

Another tip, guys who come on too strong too quickly make many women run the other way---quickly. The reverse is also true. You're also right that a long rant quoting many bible verses can also have an effect:

If a man starts quoting a bible verse if I start a conversation with him......I'm running the other way. Just be yourself and don't try to hard. If you're truly a Christian, it will come out in your deeds, not in your words.

In my experiences, men or people in general that recite bible versus are usually the most wicked.

I'll bow out of this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    If a man starts quoting a bible verse if I start a conversation with him......I'm running the other way. Just be yourself and don't try to hard. If you're truly a Christian, it will come out in your deeds, not in your words.

In my experiences, men or people in general that recite bible versus are usually the most wicked.....
    Yeah. Why is it that people who don't drink because of Christian beliefs feel compelled to explain to everyone why they behave as they do?
    I just don't drink. End of sentence.
    "Why"?......Tell em why, if they really want to know; it's not good for you; makes me dizzy; I'm driving; it's just a choice I made long ago..........You can say lots of things that do not come across as condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

In my experiences, men or people in general that recite bible versus are usually the most wicked.

I'll bow out of this thread now.
    Im not the type the Quotes the bible. I let people have their own beliefs and i keep my own beliefs. I dont try to convert people or try to force my beliefs upon them. So no when the girl asked me, i didnt quote the bible to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Yeah. Why is it that people who don't drink because of Christian beliefs feel compelled to explain to everyone why they behave as they do?
    I just don't drink. End of sentence.
    "Why"?......Tell em why, if they really want to know; it's not good for you; makes me dizzy; I'm driving; it's just a choice I made long ago..........You can say lots of things that do not come across as condescending.
    Wait so telling someone the core reason for why you dont drink is condescending?

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
    Wait so telling someone the core reason for why you dont drink is condescending?
    Like I said earlier, Christians can come across as holier-than-thou, especially to people who have had bad experiences with a church or a religious person. It may or may not be the case in reality, but everyone views things and people based on their experiences. No need to be lonely, God is with you, He promised.

SR: lmao @ that graphic
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Like I said earlier, Christians can come across as holier-than-thou, especially to people who have had bad experiences with a church or a religious person. It may or may not be the case in reality, but everyone views things and people based on their experiences. No need to be lonely, God is with you, He promised.

SR: lmao @ that graphic

Gotcha. Though i donít get why that past experience should taint people's view of every Christian they come in contact with. There are people of different faiths who abstain from eating or drink certain items. Yet, iv never heard people say "oh look at that holier-than- thou Hindu who doesnít eat beef" or "look at that holier-than- thou Muslim who doesnít eat pork".

Yes, it is. Almost everyone professes to be Christian unless they profess to be Jewish, Muslim, and so forth. A few simply say that they are simply non-Christian.
    Declaring that your behavior in an exemplary model that all good Christians should follow is condescending. It implies that you are above all other professed Christians and have interpreted the Bible properly, and they either have misinterpreted the Bible or are purposefully ignoring its teachings. Condescending.

Yes, it is. Almost everyone professes to be Christian unless they profess to be Jewish, Muslim, and so forth. A few simply say that they are simply non-Christian.
    Declaring that your behavior in an exemplary model that all good Christians should follow is condescending. It implies that you are above all other professed Christians and have interpreted the Bible properly, and they either have misinterpreted the Bible or are purposefully ignoring its teachings. Condescending.
    Based on that standard Christ was the most condescending of all.

Based on that standard Christ was the most condescending of all.
    See? There you go again. Your brand of Christianity teaches you not to drink. But Catholics are not taught that. For that matter most brands of Christianity tolerate drinking in some form or another. But you take it upon yourself to wave your flag about, tell everyone that you have Christ's message, and imply that the message they have through their church is simply inadequate. You alone have the correct message and it was delivered through Christ when he said.....blah, blah, blah..

Condescending.

See? There you go again. Your brand of Christianity teaches you not to drink. But Catholics are not taught that. For that matter most brands of Christianity tolerate drinking in some form or another. But you take it upon yourself to wave your flag about, tell everyone that you have Christ's message, and imply that the message they have through their church is simply inadequate. You alone have the correct message and it was delivered through Christ when he said.....blah, blah, blah..

Condescending.
    At what point did I tell anyone they should not drink? Not drinking is my personal choice based on the teachings of the Bible. Does Christianity out and out forbid drinking? No it does not and nor do I. Christianity however, does forbid drunkenness. You however, seem to take the approach that there is no moral truth and it is all relative (which is ok for your personal life). However, when you take that stance and start to impose it upon Christianity itself, then you become the aggressor and the condescending one.

Imposing a relative framework on a faith centered in exclusivity and absolutes is indeed very condescending.
    Last edited by wannaberocker; 06-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.