1. #1 I have an ongoing dispute with Bank of America 
    slackmaster

I have an ongoing dispute with Bank of America. One of my Saturday rituals is to attack BofA.

Last edited Sat May 26, 2012, 10:01 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Super short version: BofA added me as a co-borrower on my ex-wife's credit card without my knowledge or consent.

BofA refuses to remove my name from the account even though it admits it can't produce a copy of the Credit Agreement.

My ex defaulted on the account and recently filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

BofA has never asked me to pay any of the five-digit balance, and never attempted to collect it from me.

The account appears as a derogatory item on my history at two of the three major credit bureaus. It's gone from the third.

I've been actively disputing it for several months, and have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the California Attorney General. (You go, Kamala Harris!)

Today I have a small dilemma - I've got attacks going on four fronts, and there is at this moment nothing material that I can do.

So my attack on Bank of America for this week shall be:

FUCK THE CRIMINAL GANG THAT CALLS ITSELF BANK OF AMERICA!
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002730534

Why does something not smell right here?
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    slackmaster <br />
    <br />
    I have an ongoing dispute with Bank of America. One of my Saturday rituals is to attack BofA.<br />
    <br />
    Last edited Sat May 26, 2012, 10:01 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)<br />
    <br />
    Super short version: BofA added me as a co-borrower on my ex-wife's credit card without my knowledge or consent. <br />
    <br />
    BofA refuses to remove my name from the account even though it admits it can't produce a copy of the Credit Agreement. <br />
    <br />
    My ex defaulted on the account and recently filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy. <br />
    <br />
    BofA has never asked me to pay any of the five-digit balance, and never attempted to collect it from me. <br />
    <br />
    The account appears as a derogatory item on my history at two of the three major credit bureaus. It's gone from the third. <br />
    <br />
    I've been actively disputing it for several months, and have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the California Attorney General. (You go, Kamala Harris!) <br />
    <br />
    Today I have a small dilemma - I've got attacks going on four fronts, and there is at this moment nothing material that I can do. <br />
    <br />
    So my attack on Bank of America for this week shall be: <br />
    <br />
    FUCK THE CRIMINAL GANG THAT CALLS ITSELF BANK OF AMERICA!
    <br />
    <br />
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002730534<br />
    <br />
    It doesn't smell right because I can get a whiff of that stinky DUmmy just reading the stupid post.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The idiot is going on and on and on about having "fronts" in his war against BofA.

In other words he calls customer service and gets nowhere with them. He thinks he's taking on "the man" when in reality he's just dealing with some $x/hour customer service rep 99%'er that doesn't want to spend one more second than he has to on the phone with the jackass.

Good luck on that war bud. Keep fighting the good fight. We honor you this Memorial Day.
    Be Not Afraid.

It doesn't smell right because it's made up, think LIE. A Bank cannot come up with the documentation at the root of the "dispute"? I think not...

Secondly, no bank would attempt collection without notice of intent, think past-due letters or, in this case notifying the co-signer of lapsed payments.

Where is his lawyer? Every bottom-feeder would be chomping at the bit, for a payday like this...

No BONGS
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Ok lurking DUmmies, I want you to mark down this day in your calendar as probably the ONLY time I will actively assist someone from DU...Here we go.

First of all DUmmy, your ex-wife, IF your story is true, committed identity theft and as per current law, BoA cannot hold you liable for charges occurring with a stolen identity IF you immediately stop bitching about BoA on the website, put down your bong and head immediately down to your police station and file charges against your ex-wife.
    The next thing you do, again I stress IF this story is true, is you pull a copy of your credit report and IMMEDIATELY contact all the suspect creditors on your report and give them the police report information including when the charges were made and the reference number given to you by the police department. Creditors like BoA have to immediately put a stop on all credit collection attempts while this is being investigated. If the don't, they are subject to HUGE fines.

So stop bitching about BoA dummies.

countryjake

39. Keep it up! I almost set up my own one-woman picket of the place, myself!

This winter, I strode into our local Den of Thieves and demanded my account closed, immediately. They had begun removing a service fee of five dollars a month from my measly savings, since I failed to meet their "qualifiers". Unbeknownst to me, beginning in October, my paltry $219 had been "charged" twice by them.
    Reminds me of Austin Powers: "Allow myself to introduce...myself".

Hey jake, they were banging you with those fees because they wanted you to take your money and leave. They can't be bothered with your business. Really.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002730534

When I worked for Megabank, one of the more popular complaints was the ex-spouse who is co-obligated for a debt that he thought had been taken care of.

Our operators patiently explained to these people, depending upon circumstances that:

• A judge does not have the authority to remove a co-obligator from an account. When Judge Judy orders Mrs. Schlomo to pay the Megabank charge card, that's all well and good but Megabank is not going to release Mr. or Mrs. Schlomo from the debt until it's paid in full. So yes, Mr. Schlomo, if your ex doesn't pay the bill, it goes on your credit report.

• When you called to close the account you didn't tell us a divorce had taken place. So when Mrs. Schlomo called and asked if we would re-open the account, we did. If you had actually read even some of the agreement, then you would have seen that the same rule which permitted you to close the account, permitted her to reopen it. You are co-obligated for the debt and each of you has "primary" status on the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    When I worked for Megabank, one of the more popular complaints was the ex-spouse who is co-obligated for a debt that he thought had been taken care of.

Our operators patiently explained to these people, depending upon circumstances that:

• A judge does not have the authority to remove a co-obligator from an account. When Judge Judy orders Mrs. Schlomo to pay the Megabank charge card, that's all well and good but Megabank is not going to release Mr. or Mrs. Schlomo from the debt until it's paid in full. So yes, Mr. Schlomo, if your ex doesn't pay the bill, it goes on your credit report.

• When you called to close the account you didn't tell us a divorce had taken place. So when Mrs. Schlomo called and asked if we would re-open the account, we did. If you had actually read even some of the agreement, then you would have seen that the same rule which permitted you to close the account, permitted her to reopen it. You are co-obligated for the debt and each of you has "primary" status on the account.
    Where have you been? Were you tied to a tree in Minnesota?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

countryjake

39. Keep it up! I almost set up my own one-woman picket of the place, myself!

This winter, I strode into our local Den of Thieves and demanded my account closed, immediately. They had begun removing a service fee of five dollars a month from my measly savings, since I failed to meet their "qualifiers". Unbeknownst to me, beginning in October, my paltry $219 had been "charged" twice by them.
    After re-reading this, I realize it's probably a lie or stupidity too. Banks send out statements. If you didn't check the statement and something happens, it's not their fault. Oh DUmmies, I know you'll never learn.

Nova, I worked at a bank about 12 years ago and as far as I remember, once an account is closed, it's closed. If Mrs Divorce wants to reopen it, as a dual account, Mr Divorce has to sign another signature card, etc. I'm pretty sure you can't just reopen a closed account.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.