Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 For The Lurkers...re Military Heroes 
    So it's Memorial Day yet again and once more normal Americans are bombarded with justifications as to why those of us that wear the uniform of the U.S. Military are not heroes.

Those of us that follow the antics of the DUmmies get bombarded with the could stench of the anti-military types more than others.

But you know what...you're right DUmmies...we're not heroes.

I know this is going to lead some of the lurking DUmmies to scratch their heads and wonder if I'm leading them into a trap.

I'm not I promise. We're in agreement on this point.

See myself...and I believe I speak for every veteran on this board...didn't sign up expecting a red cape and a big red S on our chests.

We didn't wake up one day and decide that the path to hero status was enlisting in the military. It was something more than that. Something you morons will never understand in your self centered "me me me" world you live in.

The ones that going looking for some kind of hero status are either quickly disillusioned with true military life and get out after a couple years...or get killed trying to be that hero they signed up to be.

Ask any recipient of the Medal of Honor...to a man they will tell you what they did wasn't heroic and that they aren't heroes...they were just doing their job...or ding what needed to be done to save their buddies.

Me personally...I look at it as repayment for being able to live in the greatest country in the world.

Now you may be asking yourselves "then why get so upset when we post our threads"...well...that's an easy one.

While none of us look at ourselves as heroes and that we felt a calling to serve and protect this great nation...the one thing that pisses us off to no end is having people that live within the freedom provided by the 1.5 million men and women in uniform tell us hat they think we're a bunch of baby killing war mongering murderers. It reminds me of some spoiled brat child...unappreciative of what they have.

You DUmmies are unappreciative of what you have in this country...because you've never had your rights as an American citizen truly threatened or taken away...no water what you claim.

No we're not heroes...but neither are we deserving of your unappreciative...ignorant ...completely cluless mockery either.

Have a good Memorial Day.

You're welcome.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Well said.

I remember after the first Gulf War, then-NYC mayor David Dinkins said that the city couldn't afford a parade for returning veterans, even though he'd found money for things nobody in their right mind would have thought that the city should be spending money on. Eventually, a private consortium led by Donald Trump raised the money and the parade went on. Shortly after that, the Village Voice ran an article recommending ways that leftists could attack and disrupt the parade. Fortunately, the leftists reconsidered their ideas when it was pointed out that they'd be pissing off several thousand combat vets who would be within striking distance of them.

Since then, I've had lots of run-ins with belligerent pacifists who seem to resent that we do the dirty work that allows them the luxury of not having to worry about their own security while they posture about peace.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

And I remember coming home from Vietnam in mid 1968. None of us were literally spit on. I don't think the hairhead freaks and their skanky girlfriends who greeted us would dare get that close. Figuratively, yes, and the words had more effect than spit. Spit washes off. Words remain.

We knew what to expect. In fact, we were told to ditch our uniforms ASAP and wear civvies. And, we were warned not to retaliate. Anybody who saw us knew who we were, with short hair and deep tans. The uniform seemed to be the trigger that set them off.

A quarter of a century or so later we got our parade and welcome back, and even Hanoi Jane apologized. I didn't attend any of those welcoming events. I didn't accept Jane Fonda's apology either, and I don't know any Nam Vets who did.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

I'm going to disagree again and say that you and all troops/vets are heroes. It might be your job, but your job happens is fighting for freedom and saving lives. That's a hero in my book.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    So it's Memorial Day yet again and once more normal Americans are bombarded with justifications as to why those of us that wear the uniform of the U.S. Military are not heroes.

Those of us that follow the antics of the DUmmies get bombarded with the could stench of the anti-military types more than others.

But you know what...you're right DUmmies...we're not heroes.

I know this is going to lead some of the lurking DUmmies to scratch their heads and wonder if I'm leading them into a trap.

I'm not I promise. We're in agreement on this point.

See myself...and I believe I speak for every veteran on this board...didn't sign up expecting a red cape and a big red S on our chests.

We didn't wake up one day and decide that the path to hero status was enlisting in the military. It was something more than that. Something you morons will never understand in your self centered "me me me" world you live in.

The ones that going looking for some kind of hero status are either quickly disillusioned with true military life and get out after a couple years...or get killed trying to be that hero they signed up to be.

Ask any recipient of the Medal of Honor...to a man they will tell you what they did wasn't heroic and that they aren't heroes...they were just doing their job...or ding what needed to be done to save their buddies.

Me personally...I look at it as repayment for being able to live in the greatest country in the world.

Now you may be asking yourselves "then why get so upset when we post our threads"...well...that's an easy one.

While none of us look at ourselves as heroes and that we felt a calling to serve and protect this great nation...the one thing that pisses us off to no end is having people that live within the freedom provided by the 1.5 million men and women in uniform tell us hat they think we're a bunch of baby killing war mongering murderers. It reminds me of some spoiled brat child...unappreciative of what they have.

You DUmmies are unappreciative of what you have in this country...because you've never had your rights as an American citizen truly threatened or taken away...no water what you claim.

No we're not heroes...but neither are we deserving of your unappreciative...ignorant ...completely cluless mockery either.

Have a good Memorial Day.

You're welcome.

I call BULLSHIT.

You guys ARE heroes. ----- and THANK YOU.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm going to disagree again and say that you and all troops/vets are heroes. It might be your job, but your job happens is fighting for freedom and saving lives. That's a hero in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I call BULLSHIT.

You guys ARE heroes. ----- and THANK YOU.
    Thanks, but I'm only a hero if you consider being able to produce PowerPoint slides faster than any other field grade in my last command to be heroic.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

No hero here either. The real heroes are 4 or 5 buddies who didn't make it back. One of them was KIA the day after dragging my worthless, bleeding butt out of a situation I'd gotten myself into because of a stupid mistake.

They're the heroes. I was just fortunate to serve with them.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.