#1 How Florida Governor Rick Scott Could Steal The Election For Mitt Romney
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
How Florida Governor Rick Scott Could Steal The Election For Mitt Romney
On Wednesday, November 7, Mitt Romney could wake up as the President-elect thanks to one man: Florida Governor Rick Scott. With little fanfare, Scott is undertaking an audacious plan to kick thousands of Floridians off the ballot just before this year’s elections. It’s a sloppy, chaotic and possibly illegal plan. But it just might work. Here’s how:
1. Scott has created a massive list of Floridians to purge from the voting rolls before the election. Late last year, Governor Scott ordered his Secretary of State, Kurt Browning, to “to identify and remove non-U.S. citizens from the voter rolls.” But Browning did not have access to reliable citizenship data. The state attempted to identify non-U.S. citizens by comparing the voting file with data from the state motor vehicle administration, but the motor vehicle data does not contain updated citizenship information. The process, which created a list of 182,000 people, was considered so flawed by Browning that he refused to release the data to county election officials. Browning resigned in February and Scott has pressed forward with the purge, starting with about 2600 voters.
2. The list of “ineligible” voters is riddled with errors and includes hundreds of eligible U.S. citizens. According to data obtained by ThinkProgress, in Miami-Dade county alone, 1638 people were flagged by the state as “non-citizens.” Already, 359 people on the list have provided the county with proof of citizenship and 26 people were identified as U.S. citizens directly by the county. The remaining 1200 have simply not responded to the letter informing them of their purported ineligibility. Similar problems have been identified in Polk County and Broward County.
3. Scott’s list is heavily targeted at Democratic and Hispanic voters. A study by the Miami Herald found that “Hispanic, Democratic and independent-minded voters are the most likely to be targeted in a state hunt to remove thousands of noncitizens from Florida’s voting rolls.” For example, Hispanics comprise 58 percent of the list but just 13 percent of eligible voters. Conversely, “Whites and Republicans are disproportionately the least-likely to face the threat of removal.”
And they are giving people plenty of time to show that between the time they got their drivers license and they sent out the notices that they became a US citizen.
And liberals are mad that they won't be able to have 1200 people who are not eligible to vote, vote for democrats.
2. Taking a page from Katherine Harris
pulling the exact same shit they did for bush jr.
If this is not fixed now you can kiss Florida goodbye
Another fixed electionStar Member SoutherDem
4. There is a reason they are called Election Rights and not Lefts
They are only for the right.
While Florida is important my bigger worry is this tactic is pick up by every red state.
05-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes, it is a bit of a steal because if you eliminate election fraud dummies wont win near as many elections. It is after all the Dummie (election fraud) Commie, Marxist Party.
See... its even their middle name.
Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
Hispanics have a much higher percentage of non-citizens than whites on the list? I wonder why. I wonder why they didn't target blacks who vote in a higher percentage for Dems than Hispanics. Oh yeah, because they aren't targeting a race, they are targeting illegals which consists of Hispanics far more than any other race.
05-30-2012, 12:13 AMHow Florida Governor Rick Scott Could Steal The Election For Mitt Romney
I just thought "do it".Be Not Afraid.
- Join Date
- May 2012
05-30-2012, 05:31 PMThe poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
If you have nothing intelligent to offer, you'd probably enjoy the kindred spirits at DU.--Odysseus
Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.
Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
05-31-2012, 09:39 PMGovernment is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|