Hybrid View

1. #1 Greece to Leave Euro Zone on June 18: Wealth Manager 
    Greece will leave the euro zone on June 18 if the populist government wins the country’s elections on the 17 as the rest of the euro zone rounds on "cheaters,"

“The euro zone is a club but you get cheaters who get away with it until everyone finds out and at that point you need to remove them otherwise everyone will cheat. It’s better for Greece to leave,” Dewhirst said.

“The basic question is that a German has to increase working from 65 to 67 and that is to pay for Greeks retiring at 50.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47587509

Hey Barry, this is what happens when you run out of other people's money.

Now the question is will the Euro continue to fall, will they take down US currency if they do fall, or will it help us?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now the question is will the Euro continue to fall, will they take down US currency if they do fall, or will it help us?
    Spain and Italy will follow. Along with Portugal and France. I see a break up of Eurozone in the near future and each country will have their own currencies once again.
    In the short term, the destabilization will worry US investors and we'll see a negative impact. In the long term, it will be good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Spain and Italy will follow. Along with Portugal and France. I see a break up of Eurozone in the near future and each country will have their own currencies once again.
    In the short term, the destabilization will worry US investors and we'll see a negative impact. In the long term, it will be good for us.
    I have self proclaimed experts on other forums that try to tell me the Euro is stable and will do better in the near future and distant future than the dollar, I have strongly disagreed with them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I have self proclaimed experts on other forums that try to tell me the Euro is stable and will do better in the near future and distant future than the dollar, I have strongly disagreed with them.
    HAHA, they are idiots. 5 years ago, they were right, today...no...Germany will pull out before it takes down it's economy. Fortunately for the English they didn't switch to the Euro and kept the Pound so it won't affect them nearly as much as it could
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think that it will be the other way around. The initial instability will make the dollar attractive as a reserve currency again, despite the inflationary policies of the Fed. However, the resulting instability in Europe will drive up the costs of everything that we import from there, and will reduce our exports.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    There are a lot of people "investing" in Iraqi dinars, too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken