Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Hybrid View

  1. #1 "America" misspelled on Romney app 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    And DU goes ballistic. (Anything to distract them from having to admit Dear Leader hates this country and wants it to die.)

    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014131421

    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002743423

    http://www.google.com/search?q=amerc...nderground.com

    Yep. Obviously Romney is unfit to be president because one of his staff committed a typo. Meanwhile, let's all continue to ignore the havoc Dear Leader is wreaking on "Amercia." That's much, much less important that this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    And DU goes ballistic. (Anything to distract them from having to admit Dear Leader hates this country and wants it to die.)

    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014131421

    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002743423

    http://www.google.com/search?q=amerc...nderground.com

    Yep. Obviously Romney is unfit to be president because one of his staff committed a typo. Meanwhile, let's all continue to ignore the havoc Dear Leader is wreaking on "Amercia." That's much, much less important that this.
    I bet Romney can pronounce corpsman correctly.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I bet Romney can pronounce corpsman correctly.
    Romney can speak French, maybe it's supposed to be A merci a?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Romney can speak French, maybe it's supposed to be A merci a?
    No. In French, it's Amerique. These mistakes could be avoided with a little proofreading, like that "Lyndon B. Johnson School of Pubic Affairs" poster.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No. In French, it's Amerique. These mistakes could be avoided with a little proofreading, like that "Lyndon B. Johnson School of Pubic Affairs" poster.
    What does merci mean?

    I was joking. Maybe not a great joke but that's what it was.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I bet Romney can pronounce corpsman correctly.
    And knows how many states there are...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,072
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I bet Romney can pronounce corpsman correctly.
    Or knows that there are only 50 states.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No. In French, it's Amerique. These mistakes could be avoided with a little proofreading, like that "Lyndon B. Johnson School of Pubic Affairs" poster.
    That may have been deliberate. Johnson was quite the ladies' man.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Or knows that there are only 50 states.
    In fairness, he was probably "all wee-weed up" when he said that.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    In fairness, he was probably "all wee-weed up" when he said that.
    I don't know what that means (drunk?), but it really doesn't matter. It came directly from his mouth and had it come from a Republican's mouth, it would've been all over the lame-stream media in a heartbeat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •